No Retreat! The Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Curiosity and questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Fletcher
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Carl, I'm curious what the intent is to the two hex retreat before removal to the shattered/destroyed box? Don't they go there whether they can retreat or not? Second, how does Finland affect the game? That Finnish unit can't attack, nor do I see how/why the Russians would bother attacking it? And I read your comments on counterblows, and have reread those sections of the rules and examples several times, but I can't quite get it down straight--which color, who attacks, when it occurs, quite a bit going on in those few rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The intent is that if the unit cannot retreat on a DS ( defender shattered ) combat result, the the unit is eliminated instead of being shattered; same with a DD result ( the defenders would otherwise retreat and then take one step loss each ).

Finland is worth one victory point for the side that controls it. if you think thats not a big deal, then by all means leave it alone. The Soviets never took full control of the country, nor did the Germans. Holding it is also useful to help defend Leningrad.

Sorry about the counterblows, it does take a bit of time to get used to that new rule. After a few playings you should be OK. I did put as much examples and commentaries I could to explain everything. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.