Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Flamethrower.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My wife and i couldnt understand how the flamethrower in the bbq squad works. When attacking a unit with an armour of 2 it reads 1/+

We couldnt work out what the '+' meant?

We played this that as there is only one flamethrower thus only one dice is rolled and due to its devestation,if a hit is rolled, it ignites the whole remaining unit and destroys them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It means you roll 1 die for every unit. So if, for instance, there are 4 units left in the squad, you roll 4 dice. Each hit does one damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTorres
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Unit" may not be quite the clearest word to use as "unit" can refer to an entire squad, a single hero, or even a walker.

When I teach the game I say "roll 1 die for each body in the target squad." That means 5 for your typical armor 2 unit of 5 infantry, or 6 for a unit with a hero.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cheers that cleared it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is different isn't it to the normal weapons, which you roll dice according to the first number on the card eg. 1/1 (roll one dice per weapon in your squad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jam gamers wrote:
This is different isn't it to the normal weapons, which you roll dice according to the first number on the card eg. 1/1 (roll one dice per weapon in your squad?

Yeah. I think +/1 would have been clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.