United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you missed it the Spiel 2011 Preview is now live on BoardGameGeek.

As more games are added to the BGG database – and as games already in the database are updated with additional information/images/etc. – this Spiel Preview will become ever larger. Once all of the interviews that will take place in the BGG booth at Spiel with designers and publishers are scheduled, we'll post that information too.

If you need to submit information to be included - please send to our news editor Eric Martin.

W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Essen is always on my mind.

Would appreciate though if there would be a "direct" access on the Home Page to the Spiel 2011 Preview.
I want Essen to be just 1 click away cool

Also, where is the link to the patronage page: every year I have the same trouble finding it ...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Cano
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luk Van Baelen wrote:
Great! Essen is always on my mind.

Would appreciate though if there would be a "direct" access on the Home Page to the Spiel 2011 Preview.
I want Essen to be just 1 click away :cool:

Also, where is the link to the patronage page: every year I have the same trouble finding it ...:whistle:

In this case click that geeklist on your favourites and that's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bravucon wrote:

I am subscribed to it and could put it in my Quickbar, but guess what: Spiel is THE event for us; the report is a very useful reference; there will be 1,000's of us over there these 4 days ...
Just trying to make it as simple as possible for all interested ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Tsekos

Kalamata and/or Athens
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waiting for the 3rd live Spiel from BGG. The last 2 years was a blast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Verdonck
Belgium
Edegem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luk Van Baelen wrote:
Also, where is the link to the patronage page: every year I have the same trouble finding it ...whistle

Just click on any user's patron badges (the row directly under the avatar) meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordT wrote:
Luk Van Baelen wrote:

Just click on any user's patron badges (the row directly under the avatar) meeple

Indeed simple, but not intuitive.
At least not according to my intuitiveness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luk Van Baelen wrote:
there will be 1,000's of us over there these 4 days ...
More like 150.000 of us...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
Luk Van Baelen wrote:
LordT wrote:
Luk Van Baelen wrote:

There is a Support BGG link on the bottom of every page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Luk Van Baelen wrote:
bravucon wrote:

I am subscribed to it and could put it in my Quickbar, but guess what: Spiel is THE event for us; the report is a very useful reference; there will be 1,000's of us over there these 4 days ...
Just trying to mMake it as simple as possible for all interested ...

I asked about pinning the Spiel 2011 Preview to the front page when it went live, but no system is in place for pinning Geeklists, which is what the Preview is under its fancy skin.

That said, Aldie's announcement should keep it forefront for newcomers and everyone else can drop it in their Quickbar or subscribe to the Preview for updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on shortcuts to publisher sections of the preview?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get it what is Spiel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamesbv7 wrote:

mb

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamesbv7 wrote:

Essen FAQ- Essen, what the gosh darn heck is that all about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
Jamesbv7 wrote:

Essen FAQ- Essen, what the gosh darn heck is that all about?

Thanks, saved me a job.

If anybody wants my Essen hotel spreadsheet, send me a message WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS and I will forward it when I get back.

Cheers,
Jon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yohanleafheart wrote:
Luk Van Baelen wrote:
LordT wrote:
Luk Van Baelen wrote:

There is a Support BGG link on the bottom of every page

Darn. I never even noticed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
... but no system is in place for pinning Geeklists, which is what the Preview is under its fancy skin.

Didn't know that. I rest my case then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
but why don't we see an eleven in the supporter badge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
but why don't we see an eleven in the supporter badge?

It's coming - I still have more than you have
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Haus
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank for the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the geeklist header there are 16 pages and 391 items for this geeklist. I'm only seeing 13 pages and 328 items when I click on the geeklist.

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Cannibal Ox wrote:
According to the geeklist header there are 16 pages and 391 items for this geeklist. I'm only seeing 13 pages and 328 items when I click on the geeklist.

Any ideas?

I haven't done an exact count, but I think the numbers in the header include each of the publisher listings, despite those listings not counting in the list itself. If you look at the listing for, say, 2F-Spiele, you'll notice that it doesn't have a number next to it as each game listing does. The special format behind this preview inserts the publisher header automatically after alphabetizing the material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

Any ideas?

I haven't done an exact count, but I think the numbers in the header include each of the publisher listings, despite those listings not counting in the list itself. If you look at the listing for, say, 2F-Spiele, you'll notice that it doesn't have a number next to it as each game listing does. The special format behind this preview inserts the publisher header automatically after alphabetizing the material.

So how about the other 200 games?
When looking at spielbox-online.de they already have 531 entries
Do they also list older games or what is the difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Mousey wrote:
W Eric Martin wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:

Any ideas?

So how about the other 200 games?
When looking at spielbox-online.de they already have 531 entries
Do they also list older games or what is the difference?

Spielbox' Knut-Michael Wolf and I share information, along with Erwin Broens of Bordspel and Marcin Szrama of Spiellust, so in theory we all have the same items, but in practice we don't for three reasons:

1. Database entry: When needed, I'm adding items to the BGG database, editing descriptions, adding links and images, and so on – and all that takes time. Paired with that is the desire not to have a separate listing for every single item when a summary listing will do.

Example A: Spielbox lists six items from Abacusspiele while the BGG Spiel 2011 Preview lists only three. This is due to me including info on three freebies in the publisher box because we don't yet have info to create a standalone listing in the database. (I initially had the Airlines Europe freebie in the publisher box, too, but now I know enough to list it separately.)

Example B: Spielbox lists two items from AoS Team, while those two Age of Steam expansions are listed as one item in the BGG database.

Example C: Spielbox lists a puzzle book from Bambus Spieleverlag, while books no longer receive their own entries on BGG.

2. Focus on availability at Spiel: I want to include only those games that people can play or buy at Spiel that have been released in the past 0-12 months (with smaller publishers getting a larger window).

Example A: Spielbox lists two titles from 999 Games, a Dutch publisher that has never had a Spiel booth as far as I can recall.

Example B: Spielbox lists Sanitarium from Asmadi Games, but Asmadi will not be at Spiel 2011.

Example C: Spielbox lists 20+ titles from nestorgames, while I've added only one game from that publisher. Néstor Romeral Andrés is effectively soliciting orders and bringing a limited supply of games to Spiel 2011, so that's what I've noted in the Preview, encouraging folks to ask for the games they want.

3. Push for international info first: I have added almost no information on titles from Z-Man Games, Alderac, Mayfair, Rio Grande, Fantasy Flight Games and other U.S. publishers as I'm waiting for confirmation on exactly which titles they will have available or waiting to contact them closer to Spiel.

I haven't scoured the Spielbox list to cover all the differences, but I hope this answers your question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Neale
United Kingdom
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great source of information..... But I wish there was a way of just jumping to the new/revised items instead of jumping to the new comments aswell.
Perhaps I have missed some trick or other, but I would like to see "3 new items" displayed then click on a link to jump to the 3 new Items.
Regards,
Simon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.