Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Toxic Hydra Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Gutierrez
msg tools
Hey Everyone,

Had a quick question about Toxic Hydra's Action.

It states:
"Action: When this unit enters play, each unit in any corresponding zone gets -2 hit points until the end of the turn."

Does this mean that even units in my zone lose 2 HP as well?

Thank you :]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Yes.

Fisha

ChrisCoolGuy wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Had a quick question about Toxic Hydra's Action.

It states:
"Action: When this unit enters play, each unit in any corresponding zone gets -2 hit points until the end of the turn."

Does this mean that even units in my zone lose 2 HP as well?

Thank you :]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see it that way.

"If a card refers to an opponent’s “corresponding”
zones, it is referring to each opponent’s zone of the
same name as the zone in which the card is located.
If a card refers to each player’s corresponding zone, it
is referring to the zone in which the card is located as
well as each opponent’s zone of the same name." (p. 17)

TH doesn't say "each corresponding zone", instead it says "any". I read that as meaning the TH's player gets to choose which corresponding zone he wants the ability to affect. So if you play TH into your KZ, in a 2-player game you could either affect your KZ or your opponent's KZ. If TH did damage to your own zone, Celestial Wizard (among other cards) too would be forced to hit himself as well (another "each unit in any corresponding zone" ability).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. My answer was quickie. Sry.

Dam the Man wrote:
I don't see it that way.

"If a card refers to an opponent’s “corresponding”
zones, it is referring to each opponent’s zone of the
same name as the zone in which the card is located.
If a card refers to each player’s corresponding zone, it
is referring to the zone in which the card is located as
well as each opponent’s zone of the same name." (p. 17)

TH doesn't say "each corresponding zone", instead it says "any". I read that as meaning the TH's player gets to choose which corresponding zone he wants the ability to affect. So if you play TH into your KZ, in a 2-player game you could either affect your KZ or your opponent's KZ. If TH did damage to your own zone, Celestial Wizard (among other cards) too would be forced to hit himself as well (another "each unit in any corresponding zone" ability).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Gutierrez
msg tools
Dam the Man wrote:
I don't see it that way.

"If a card refers to an opponent’s “corresponding”
zones, it is referring to each opponent’s zone of the
same name as the zone in which the card is located.
If a card refers to each player’s corresponding zone, it
is referring to the zone in which the card is located as
well as each opponent’s zone of the same name." (p. 17)

TH doesn't say "each corresponding zone", instead it says "any". I read that as meaning the TH's player gets to choose which corresponding zone he wants the ability to affect. So if you play TH into your KZ, in a 2-player game you could either affect your KZ or your opponent's KZ. If TH did damage to your own zone, Celestial Wizard (among other cards) too would be forced to hit himself as well (another "each unit in any corresponding zone" ability).


Does that mean that if I was playing a 4-player game I would have to choose one of my opponent's zones to target?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ChrisCoolGuy wrote:
Does that mean that if I was playing a 4-player game I would have to choose one of my opponent's zones to target?


Not sure why you worded it like that "you have to choose an opponent's zone", isn't it good that you get to choose laugh ? I mean, -2HP to each unit, especially with the DElves HP-reduction (play 2x TH at once?). But that's the idea, killing off an opponent's units.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Gutierrez
msg tools
Cool, thanks man, appreciate it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.