Subject: Drawing cards on the Revised Resurection Ship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trey brumley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
It seems that a lot of PBF games have cylons draw one card instead of two when using the revised cylon locations. My group had never done this, so I went to the rulebook to look for a place to show my group the error of our ways. Strangely, I cannot find anywhere in the rulebook where you only draw 1 skill card while on the resurrection ship. I couldn't find it on the UFAQ either.

There is talk about the Resurrection Ship being a Hazardous Location, but as far as I can tell, there is nothing about only drawing 1 skill card. And the only restriction I see on hazardous locations is that you cannot voluntarily move there.

I would like our group to play by the correct rules, but I would need to show them some sort of official (BGG FAQs count as official) ruling on the subject for them to change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tipbruley wrote:
There is talk about the Resurrection Ship being a Hazardous Location, but as far as I can tell, there is nothing about only drawing 1 skill card. And the only restriction I see on hazardous locations is that you cannot voluntarily move there.

It's not errata or anything. It's specifically in the rules (actually the board overlay) for the Pegasus expansion (maybe Exodus too - I haven't played it yet).

Edit: so that means don't play with it unless you're playing the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The base game has no such restriction. For Pegasus, look on the game board itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey brumley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
arkayn wrote:
tipbruley wrote:

It's not errata or anything. It's specifically in the rules (actually the board overlay) for the Pegasus expansion (maybe Exodus too - I haven't played it yet).

Edit: so that means don't play with it unless you're playing the expansion.

HAHHAHA that explains it! We got rid of the overlay since we found it annoying and just played with the revised rules!

I think we may have thrown it away, but we will definitely have to switch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Note that Human Fleet is also different between the base game and Pegasus. The Pegasus version is much more useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey brumley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
TerminusEst wrote:
Note that Human Fleet is also different between the base game and Pegasus. The pegasus version is much more useful.

Yeah I agree we had been playing with Pegasus's version of Caprica, the Human fleet and (we thought) the Resurection ship. Just without the overlay.

I checked and I do have the overlay hidden in a sparebox with the IC cards. I guess it never came up because new players we only play the base game, then we just explain the new cylon locations if they upgrade to pegasus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tipbruley wrote:
I think we may have thrown it away,...

Blasphemy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.