Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Sabo
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why only 3? Seems like there should be 4, which would allow one to be added to each sphere deck, like Gandalf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron G
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They most likely assume that if you are playing with the expansion cards that you are making decks for the game and not using the beginner decks. The four starter sphere decks are only meant to be used while learning the game, if you are buying the expansions then there is no reason to be using them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Schmidt
United States
VANCOUVER
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
The real question is how often do you think Radagast will be used outside of the Rhosgobel adventure?

Obviously, he's fun with the eagles, but otherwise he's pretty expensive for what he does. Still, any extra resource generation is good.

Anyone have a deck they use him in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Plan to use him in a mostly tactics deck for some actual willpower and resources to pay for the eagles. Hopefully we will get at least one more eagle in the next expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde Cloggie
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Surely Gwaihir is still coming in one of the next packs. I'll reserve judgement on Radagast until we have the full Eagle line-up. And then probably we will get Horses etc. later in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
I actually think he'll be much more interesting in other scenarios. In Journey to Rhosgobel, he really only serves as a one-shot heal, as the "Forced" effect on the second stage of the quest will remove him from the game immediately after he removes damage from Wilyador. Obviously, he's much better if you can play him early in the game, but he does provide some fun interactions with Winged Guardian and Landroval. Plus, he'll only get better as more creatures are released (keeping my fingers crossed that the inevitable Ent allies have the Creature trait).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Maes
Belgium
Mechelen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll want Radagast to keep him healthy:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedetto Loffredo
Italy
Portici (NA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kerethar wrote:
You'll want Radagast to keep him healthy:

And a lot of Gandalfs to lower the threat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I hope that we see more cards threat management cards for the different spheres, so relying on gandalf is less important. So far there are only 2 cards that lower threat, and since so many encounter cards can increase it I think there needs to be more to deal with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Heroes: Bilbo Baggins, Glóin, Legolas
Ally: Winged Guardian, Gondorian Spearman, Haldir of Lórien, Landroval, Radagast
Attachment: Blade of Gondolin, Dúnedain Warning, Protector of Lórien, A Burning Brand, Self Preservation, Citadel Plate
Event: Parting Gifts, Stand Together, The Eagles are Coming!, Blade Mastery, Feint, To the Eyrie

This is obviously a supporting deck. I know it could be better but I aimed more for Bilbo than Boromir style. Gondorian Spearman (and Citadel Plate) is thematicaly a bit off but it just works so nicely in there - with either Stand Together (either combing two, or one with Bilbo) or To the Eyrie (having the Spearman come back and hit that strong enemy yet again the next round and thus preventing any damage taken - works not with the Hill Troll though - still probably the toughest enemy in the game for me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Riha
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone speaks of radagast and tactics deck.

But I think the prospect of having eagles+radagast in a non tactics deck is very interesting. Or in a dual sphere deck with one tactics hero this gives you basically two tactics heroes.

Tomas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TexMurphy wrote:
Everyone speaks of radagast and tactics deck.

But I think the prospect of having eagles+radagast in a non tactics deck is very interesting. Or in a dual sphere deck with one tactics hero this gives you basically two tactics heroes.

Tomas
The problem right now is that the most useful Eagle (imo), Winged Guardian, can't be used more than once without Tactics resources. Maybe when Song of War (or whatever it's called) is released, then we could see some interesting decks.

I'd personally love to make a Lore/Tactics, or even a Lore/Leadership deck that makes use of Eagle cards (with the assistance of this song, of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.