Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Greer
United States
Mint Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now Wizkids has a "paid-beta" online version of heroclix for a one time fee of $1.95. I was wondering if anyone had played the online version and what their thoughts were on the experience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link: http://hco.heroclix.com/

Haven't played it, but curious... would love to see a review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would avoid this.......this is a cheap way for WizKids to try and squeeze more money out of a dying/dead game.......only the last few hanger-oners will pay for this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenda Thorpe
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:
I would avoid this.......this is a cheap way for WizKids to try and squeeze more money out of a dying/dead game.......only the last few hanger-oners will pay for this

as the second best selling collectible game in the hobby market, Heroclix is a LONG way from dying.

however until they change pricing structure, Online is not a great deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Heroclix is certainly not dying. Almost every set for the last year has sold out before it's release date, and they have been increasing their production run with each set to try and keep up with demand.

But I agree that online is a bad deal. I helped Beta test it, and it's a neat concept, but it costs about the same as the actual figures do so it's only worth it if you'd prefer virtual figures to real ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Creasman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WakandaMan wrote:
Yeah Heroclix is certainly not dying. Almost every set for the last year has sold out before it's release date, and they have been increasing their production run with each set to try and keep up with demand.

But I agree that online is a bad deal. I helped Beta test it, and it's a neat concept, but it costs about the same as the actual figures do so it's only worth it if you'd prefer virtual figures to real ones.

Absolutely agreed, on both points. The game seems very alive and well, and the pace of set releases (as well as actual sales) both seem to be increasing, not decreasing. I would predict that Heroclix has a long, healthy life left ahead of it.

As to the online game, it's just not worth it. Having an online version is a good idea, for those that just can't find another player, but until they adjust pricing, it is exceptionally hard to justify paying full retail for a second digital copy of the figures I already have physical versions of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.