Trey brumley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hypothetical question here from this weekends gaming, as this almost happened but (thankfully) did not in our last game, but what would happen

5 person game
Player 1 Plays SOE and consolidates power
Player 2 XOs player 1
Player 1 - Consolidates Power for 2 leadership - which causes the Leadership deck be reshuffled
Player 1 - Plays SOE!!

Everything happened here except Player 1 did not draw an SOE. He did joke around that if he drew an SOE he would play it.

I'm not even sure what would happen here. My guess is that it would look something like this

Player 1 Plays SOE
--Player 1 Action
--Player 2 XOs player 1
----Player 1 Consolidates Power
----Player 1Plays SOE!!
------Player 1 Action
------Player 2 Action
------Player 3 Action
------Player 4 Action
------Player 5 Action
--Player 3 Action
--Player 4 Action
--Player 5 Action

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your chart looks right to me. It's pretty darn unlikely to come up, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Related thread in which I asked about the "Fastest Possible Human Win", and someone pointed out an infinite State of Emergency loop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoretically correct. However, I see this as an oversight of the designers. SoE should fall in the CS/XO category. I already find it strange that you can XO in the same turn as an SoE is played. (Actually, I find the whole SoE a stupid card, and I would be completely in favor of changing it into something else, for instance a super-XO: play it on someone who can move and take two actions, or take three actions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solve this by not discarding a card until it is fully resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@OP, I agree with your assessment. Chalk it up to one of those things that shouldn't happen much due to it being rare, but it could.

Another scenario is how you could theoretically play Eulogy (Qcard from Peg) twice due to the same person who got executed and caused Morale to be reduced. (2 morale for the price of 1!)

Flyboy Connor wrote:
Theoretically correct. However, I see this as an oversight of the designers. SoE should fall in the CS/XO category. I already find it strange that you can XO in the same turn as an SoE is played. (Actually, I find the whole SoE a stupid card, and I would be completely in favor of changing it into something else, for instance a super-XO: play it on someone who can move and take two actions, or take three actions).
That reminds me, I tried to find that thread you posted this, but lost track of it. I thought it was in the Exodus boards, but now I'll just post here....

If SoE ended up being a "super XO", to me, that would've been MUCH worse. There's a different element of trust when EVERYONE gets an action, and it makes it even more precarious that revealed cylons get the move or action.

Another point is I paid good $$ for a good expansion. Therefore, I'd expect a FULL expansion... not just skill cards that are slight tweaks from previous ones, among other elements of the game. Case in point how Critical Situation and Calculations from Pegasus ended up being alternatives to XO and SP, but are still quite different. Furthermore, they were spread out to other colors so that characters who draw different skill set colors could get also get in on the action.

As for SoE being too complicated, if people think that, then yeah, feel free to exclude Exodus. Otherwise, there really are worse things that are much more complicated than SoE, and the base game and Pegasus are already full of "rules issues" that I don't really find SoE to be a problem. Once you learn how it works and its nuissances, then move on. If one was concerned about learning all of that stuff, then one shouldn't really have bothered with the base game really.

InfoCynic wrote:
Solve this by not discarding a card until it is fully resolved.
I thought that's what you're supposed to anyways, but not ashamed to say I was wrong here. And yes, this was prior to seeing the thread about "infinite SoE".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
If I remember correctly, the rulebook doesn't explicitly say that cards are discarded after being played as Actions, so I doubt it says when to discard them, leaving the point ambiguous. I'd still tend to favor the answer that doesn't lead to infinite loops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly, in the double Eulogy, you're giving one at some milestone anniversary... "on this, the 1-year anniversary of Billy's tragic death, we remember him..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Clearly, in the double Eulogy, you're giving one at some milestone anniversary... "on this, the 1-year anniversary of Billy's tragic death, we remember him..."

We remember how much better off we are without him...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Once you learn how it works and its nuissances...

I believe you mean "nuances." Actually, it does sound like a bit of a nuissance as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone actually reshuffled the Quorum deck with Pegasus in play???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.