Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang...I thought I had questions, but each time I look further into the rules my question is answered....superb!

Okay, finally found a question...nope Rick W answered the question about Attackers retreating and Defenders getting a FREE shot in another thread, but sooo far dang these rules...They seem pretty hard to read at first, but succinctly on the money.

I am becoming quite impressed with this game before it has even reached my door.

shake Alright, well I guess all my questions have been answered, except when is it going to arrive.

I guess I will have to battle with Hammer of the Scots some more...Oh no!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff miller
United States
West Jefferson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a relatively simple block game I believe you are going to find the replay value to be higher than Hots imo. And yes the rules are about as straight forward as you can ask for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff miller wrote:
For a relatively simple block game I believe you are going to find the replay value to be higher than Hots imo. And yes the rules are about as straight forward as you can ask for.

Yeah, I love Hammer of the Scots, but the main battle seems to always be at Argyle and Mentieth.

Caesar looks to be war and tactics spread about the whole range. I especially like the navis action.

Think I need to design a new battleboard to go with JC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hutchinson
New Zealand
Waitakere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, a great game. Easy gameplay, nice pace, good range of strategic options, and I also really like the extra dimension navies bring to gameplay. Personally, a game I much prefer to HotS. Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YAAY!

It arrived. I can't wait to play. The map and everything are brilliant. I especially like the cards and their gorgeous red and rounded corners, a huge improvement over the sharp ones from HotS.

Wow the map with all the different roads and cities truly looks a battle of epic proportions.

Really stoked on how different this seems it will play to Hammer of the Scots. I love the Hammer, but I wanted something different in the same vein. Columbia's games continue to amaze me.

Wow, I just feel stoked. So, glad I decided to get into these block wargames. Now up there with the guitar as one of my favorite times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.