Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Alfred
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you capture a strongold can you tap it for influence right away? I've been playing that you can't. But I couldn't find a rule except something that said that strongholds dont untap until the beginning of your next turn. Nothing though says that you receive new stongholds tapped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balint Weisz
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules, page 8:
Quote:
Purchase Strongholds: A player spends gold to purchase strongholds from his Barracks.
Purchased strongholds are placed upright (refreshed) above the player’s Home Realm.
One could argue that this doesn't cover how secured (battled for) Strongholds enter play, but the rules also say (page 7):
Quote:
1. Refresh Exhausted Cities, Strongholds, and Rewards:
During this step, the player refreshes (rotates to original
orientation) all cities, strongholds, and Rewards under his
control. They are now ready to generate more influence.
Where "original position" must be how the cards entered the player's area in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, look at page 12, near the bottom:

Quote:
Attacking Army: The attacking player secures the city. He places it refreshed in his play area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But a city isn't a stronghold...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
But a city isn't a stronghold...

That´s correct. There is noting in the rules about capturing other player´s strongholds so I would say it´s not even allowed.

I don´t think you need to do that anyway. The fight should be around the cities which are the ones making a strategic difference regarding influence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Acererak wrote:
There is noting in the rules about capturing other player´s strongholds so I would say it´s not even allowed.

Actually the rules clearly state that players cannot besiege another player's Stronghold - which is the only way a player can attack another player anyway (as Battle is purely for attacking and defending against "the game".
Rules page 12 wrote:
Remember, a player
cannot conduct a siege against a stronghold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Acererak wrote:
There is noting in the rules about capturing other player´s strongholds so I would say it´s not even allowed.

Actually the rules clearly state that players cannot besiege another player's Stronghold - which is the only way a player can attack another player anyway (as Battle is purely for attacking and defending against "the game".
Rules page 12 wrote:
Remember, a player
cannot conduct a siege against a stronghold.

Good catch. I thought so anyway, it made sense while looking at the whole gameplay system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.