Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

End of Empire: The French and Indian War and the American Revolution» Forums » News

Subject: Compass Reprint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Compass announced via consim board that this game will be reprinted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know a thing about it but having looked over the comments it's received I am looking forward to it. Thanks for putting it on my radar, Doc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the developer of the Compass edition. I usually post on Consimworld in that thread. I am looking for playtesters, if interested send my a note with a short list of qualifications.

Don Johnson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Marsh
United States
Brookfield
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the original game designer and am currently working with Compass on the 2nd edition.

The errata I originally posted on grognard.com (intentionally violating the contract XTR failed to honor) and have reposted here should be considered definitive for the 1st edition. Also, I have recently posted errata for the typos the shorter American Revolution scenarios acquired in typesetting.

Richard Berg should be added in the credits somehow -- probably as post publication developer of the 1st edition. XTR hardly developed the game at all; most of the extensive errata came from Richard Berg working with me post publication to give the game the development it needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
wmarsh wrote:
The errata I posted on grognard.com should be considered definitive.

Thanks for pointing me to that. This game has been on my mental "gotta play" list for a long time. I like the topic of the game so much, I have two copies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nameless Necromancer
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Do what yhou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - Aleister Crowley
badge
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - John Galt
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll certainly pick this one up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Prizzi
United States
West Newton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Any update on how the reprint is progressing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Marsh
United States
Brookfield
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As of January 2013, Don Johnson (the developer) has turned in files that are essentially final. It is now going to artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Engqvist
Sweden
Goteborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
This looks very promising, I will definitely buy this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is now available for pre-order: http://compassgames.com/show/product/end_of_empire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Marsh
United States
Brookfield
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork is done and in final review before publishing.
I posted the new box cover in images to become the image for 2nd ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
wmarsh wrote:
I am the original game designer and am currently working with Compass on the 2nd edition.

The errata I originally posted on grognard.com (intentionally violating the contract XTR failed to honor) and have reposted here should be considered definitive for the 1st edition. Also, I have recently posted errata for the typos the shorter American Revolution scenarios acquired in typesetting.

Richard Berg should be added in the credits somehow -- probably as post publication developer of the 1st edition. XTR hardly developed the game at all; most of the extensive errata came from Richard Berg working with me post publication to give the game the development it needed.

This is nice to hear; there are a lot of gratuitous Berg-bashers around here and I have grown damned tired of it.

I have the original but never played it; received it shortly before I bailed on Command. Interested to learn more about the reprint. I like Wilderness War but there is surely room for a different treatment. However a key issue for me will be playability and game length.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.