mbmbmbmb
Hey, first post too. Nice.

The card says:

Whenever you grow your family, you may pay 1 Stone
for 1 Bonus point. When you play Birthstone,
you may immediately do this for any new
Family member that you already received this
round.

If I happen to have, say, 5 Stone and I grow my family, can I put all 5 stone on this card to receive 5 Bonus points?

Didn't find the answer, sorry if there is a thread that answers my question already.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
You missed out the key word "new". You are only allowed to pay the stone for any new family members received during the current or future rounds. In that sense, the maximum number of bonus points you can get off this minor improvement is 3 points, since you cannot get the bonus points for the initial two family members.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti the Harvest Helper
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply Yeoster.

Actually what I meant is..

* I have a supply of 5 stone.
* I play this card
* I'll grow my family

Can I use all of my 5 stones on this card? Like, 5 stone per ONE "Family Growth"-action? The card doesn't say I can put maximum of 1 Stone per family growth. It just states that "1 Stone for 1 Bonus point".

I don't know if I explained myself quite clearly, as I am not a native english speaker at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The key word is actually '1'. You can only convert 1 Stone to 1 Bonus point on each use. If it was unlimited it would read more like each time ... convert stone to 1 Bonus point each.

Or this is how I interpret the card. The official answer may be on www.play-agricola.com/forums under the post for Birthstone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti the Harvest Helper
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks bjwells, I think that makes sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.