Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Kuyvenhoven
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Fishing power, you get +1 coin for each complete pair of coastal regions. If you have 3 regions beside one other, on the coast. Does the center region get counted twice, once per adjacent region?
Or do you count all pairs at the same time, making only one pair, and leaving the 3rd region out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the FAQ (found on http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/msg/?th=22605&start=0)

You simpley count the number of reagions adjacent to the river, and divide by two (round down).

So a pair of regions does not have to adjacent to each other, nor can a region count more than once.

In your example you would only get +1 coin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uXs The Sane
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Hmm. That sounds wrong. In the FAQ, it says that if you have ABCD, then you count AB and CD for 2 points total. It then goes on to say that these don't have to be adjacent, but I take that to mean that AB doesn't have to be adjacent to CD. A and B do have to be adjacent, as do C and D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Fisher
Q. If a Fisher Race occupies 4 regions in a row that borders the river, does that count as 3 pairs (AB, BC, CD) ?
A. No. That would count as 2 pairs, AB and CD. Note that these regions do not need to be adjacent to each other.

I don't think any of the regions have to be adjacent.

When player on the PBF here on BGG, regions does not have to be adjacent to count. Even regions next to the lake or sea (when playing with tunnels) counts. Simpley count the number of regions next to water, divide by two (round down) and gain that many bonus points.

We could all be wrong, but I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lars has it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.