Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

51st State» Forums » News

Subject: Can you beat the Polish Champion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[from http://www.portalpublishing.eu]

A few weeks ago we organized the Polish championship in the 51st state – solo variant. The best result was achieved by Magdalena Bujak. She scored 148 points and became the first Polish Champion. Today we are happy to announce a contest for 51st State’s fans all over the world! Can you beat the Polish Champion?


Competition rules are simple. You play using the game’ solo variant rules. You try to get the best result. The competition lasts until the end of September. Notification – a description of played cards and scored points must be sent to portal@wydawnictwoportal.pl

The person who reaches the highest score will receive a New Era game. If the winner additionally beats the Polish record he or she will receive an additional game Pret-a-Porter.

Five best contestants will receive Zombiaki card game and promotional cards to 51 State.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon Zachara
Poland
Katowice
Silesia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo rules here: 51st State Solo Variant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
148 points in 6 turns? surprise

Any suggestions? Hints?

For me it's hard to make 40 points. shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon Zachara
Poland
Katowice
Silesia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RolloTommasi wrote:
148 points in 6 turns? surprise

Any suggestions? Hints?

For me it's hard to make 40 points. shake


Hint: The rules state that You get random cards during the Lookout and Production phases, however if You choose the cards You want instead of getting them random then You can design the most optimal strategy and combos.

This is how You can get over 100 points easy

I managed to get 124 points this way, but I can't take part in this competition (as I was taking part in the Polish edition).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
ZachiPL wrote:
Hint: The rules state that You get random cards during the Lookout and Production phases, however if You choose the cards You want instead of getting them random then You can design the most optimal strategy and combos.

This is how You can get over 100 points easy

I managed to get 124 points this way, but I can't take part in this competition (as I was taking part in the Polish edition).



Mmmm... can you make an example, I mean not a complete walkthrough, but maybe only a first and second round showdown, just to get a taste.
Thanks.

(If you are afraid to spoiler, feel free to PM me)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon Zachara
Poland
Katowice
Silesia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No examples from me - sorry
You have to find out by yourself how to beat 100 VP.

What is your results so far?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
My 6 solo plays

Merchants Guild: 35
New York: 37
Appalachian Federation: 33
Merchants Guild: 39
Mutants Union: 33
Mutants Union: 38

For me reaching 45 could be huge success.
I dont even think for now to get 100.
Thanks anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZachiPL wrote:
RolloTommasi wrote:
148 points in 6 turns? surprise

Any suggestions? Hints?

For me it's hard to make 40 points. shake


Hint: The rules state that You get random cards during the Lookout and Production phases, however if You choose the cards You want instead of getting them random then You can design the most optimal strategy and combos.

This is how You can get over 100 points easy

I managed to get 124 points this way, but I can't take part in this competition (as I was taking part in the Polish edition).


Szymon, are you saying that as part of this contest, we are allowed to pick out whatever cards we want to draw instead of drawing them randomly during the lookout phase?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon Zachara
Poland
Katowice
Silesia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
@downstream

Noone could verify what cards You got during the lookout phase, so You as well may choose them. The same applies to the Open Production cards at Your opponent's state

The real contest is to get the best algorithm of all possible scenarios You cen get during the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ZachiPL wrote:
@downstream

Noone could verify what cards You got during the lookout phase, so You as well may choose them. The same applies to the Open Production cards at Your opponent's state

The real contest is to get the best algorithm of all possible scenarios You cen get during the game.


Ok, thanks for clarifying. I think that should have been mentioned more specifically in the contest rules though, otherwise I would feel like I was cheating.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I confirm. Sice we have no chance to verify it you really had such a lucky draft, we decided that this is not a case. You may have as lucky draft as you want.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
How does exactly pub work in the single player variant? Does it give an additional card during the lookout phase AND you can send a worker there to get another card? Or does it give the card only during the lookout phase?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon Zachara
Poland
Katowice
Silesia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ma_trix wrote:
How does exactly pub work in the single player variant? Does it give an additional card during the lookout phase AND you can send a worker there to get another card? Or does it give the card only during the lookout phase?


It PRODUCES card in Production Phase (if connected to Your state) or You can send a worker to get a card during the Action Phase (if connected to Your Opponent's State).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have yet another question about the solo variant then How does the Noticeboard work now? I simply get one more card in the lookout phase? What is the benefit in the turn I connect the Noticeboard to my state?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.