Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have decided to add six new spaces to the Temple. See my blog for further explanation: http://www.dubarrygames.com/2011/09/tweaking-temple.html

The short version: Some players tried to rush building the Temple even though they would lose if the game ended early. They just couldn't help themselves. This led to a less-than-pleasant experience. The extra spaces will help to alleviate this issue without affecting anything else.

And we got it in just under the wire. Printing will be completed very soon--well in time for Essen and hitting the distributors in the US soon after!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being one of those players at a GenCon demo who rushed the Temple to try to cash in on the bonus points, I say Huzzah to this change!

And you're right... I'd never take that strategy again. I learned my lesson the first time.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comment, Gabe.

Here's what it looks like:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berg von Linde
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting in line for RFTG: Alien Artifacts since 2010
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes the temple look a little more 'solid' as well

(On my way to preorder now. If i can find the 'dont bill me for the massive shipment costs, im picking it up at Essen' code.)

EDIT: found it, enter PICKUP11 as a discount code, opens up the free shipping option. The code seems to be case sensitive?

Looking forward to playing this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
pdubarry wrote:
We have decided to add six new spaces to the Temple. See my blog for further explanation: http://www.dubarrygames.com/2011/09/tweaking-temple.html

The short version: Some players tried to rush building the Temple even though they would lose if the game ended early. They just couldn't help themselves. This led to a less-than-pleasant experience. The extra spaces will help to alleviate this issue without affecting anything else.

And we got it in just under the wire. Printing will be completed very soon--well in time for Essen and hitting the distributors in the US soon after!

If the implication is that temple rush is (was) not a valid strategy, I have to disagree based on the only play I had. With 4 players, 2 players were easily able to rush the temple in an attempt to beat players who got choice of buildings on turn 1 and a head start on their engine. There are plenty of VP in the temple. Can't comment on the tweak without playing, but resources were abundant enough that it seemed easy to build in the temple FTW.

Seems like a good idea to make the change. Looking forward to another play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments. I am really looking forward to the debut in Essen later this month and to see the finished product here in the US soon after!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.