Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody said that I could easily use these rules to play with Hero Quest.

Are the rules available somewhere online?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4pr/20100816

EDIT - Or more specifically:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/Castle_Ravenloft_RuleBook.p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Frank
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what those rule conversions are in order to use the heroquest system. I've been tossing around idea to create a hybrid game using the D&D adventure system games (Ravenloft, Ashard, and LOD) along with HeroQuest for some campaign type gaming. My original thought was to use the modular tiles for the 1st section of the quest or the "entrance area, cave, etc" and then the HeroQuest board to the "Castle, Dungeon, Arena/boss fight". But I could never decide if I wanted convert to use the HeroQuest battle system or D&D Adventure System. Anyone have any good ideas for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My idea was to use the new features of castle ravenloft with the heroquest board game. So that I could reuse my board game. So I think the first restriction would be to use most of hero quest's components.

Using different set of rules could be possible, as long we can use the pieces and components. But I prefer keeping maximum compatibility with the hero quest system.

I was thinking of using cards for every room type and corridor type, so when you reach a new one, you draw a card and make the placement.

That would make the game playable DM less. You would need behavior cards for the monsters. I like the EXP system in D&D, but there is no EXP in hero quest, that makes it more simple. But there could be a common pool of flushable resources for the characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Frank
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too wanted maximum compatibility with the hero quest system and its components so I'm totally on board with those ideas. A lot of the foot work for card templates has already been done by the great folks here on BBG which will make things quite streamlined.

I've come across some great event cards made the by the great "ninjadorg"(with help from some friends) here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/625450/ninjadorgs-dd-adventu...

I think something like this would definitely work for your room type events idea. I also like the exp from the D&D system as it give a sense of accomplishment as well as being able to easily integrate the D&D monsters into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.