Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having trouble figuring out the purpose of Energize. Hopefully someone can help me see the use.

You spend 8 energy to get 9 energy immediately...so basically you get 1 energy cube. Seems a complete waste of 8 energy. About the only time that I could see this being helpful is if you have only 8 energy and there happened to be a nicer card with 9 energy out there. Seems pretty rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
As you replace immediately any card you purchase Energize gets you a cube and a new card to consider - which is better than paying 2 to get rid of them all, and if you don't like the new card you can then pay 2 and get 3 replacements, and you'd still have 7 cubes left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm...good point about replacing the card. Hadn't considered that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
A free cube is a free cube, whether you want the new card or not, so why not grab that if you're up to 8 energy, anyway? I don't know that I'd save up for it, specifically, if it means not buying something else that's good that's already out there. But I think the point is to reward someone who has gathered a lot of energy (or tempt someone to gain a lot of energy), to have that option out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sometimes forget that I can buy more than one mutation on a turn, and I think that mentality contributed a lot to my confusion as to the worth of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the mutation that lowers the cost of other cards, you'd get two free energy instead of one.

If you have the right card, you can also get a victory point out of it.

Even if you don't, if you can afford it, why not get a free cube?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.