Popular Tags: [View All]
John Enoch
United States
Vadnais Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding the deck of cards you build. Here's my assumptions:

1) Play a card (no commander on the bottom right)
2) Place command token/coin on an available commander
3) Can use the actions on the card for any unit (i.e. for an "order two of the same rank" card, I can move any two green guys on the board, regardless of location and who haven't been ordered this round)

If card has a commander on the bottom right, place coin on the commander who will issue the order (say a Maege Mormont card is played, but want to use Rickard Karstark...put token on Karstark), and then observe the two hex radius ZOC rule for Karstark when ordering/rallying units.

Is this at all correct, assuming of course you guys can understand my rambling. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the commander icon on the cards is not used during play, its only function is to prepare the deck.

ANY command card must be assigned to a commander, and the command MUST affect units within the commander's ZOC, regardless of the commander icon on the card.

the only time you can move a unit who is not given a command by a commander is by using the command tokens to move any single unit of its color
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Enoch
United States
Vadnais Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that clarification. I kind of figured we were playing it wrong, but I just wanted to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.