Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case you missed it in the side bar, Tanga is selling Cluzzle for $5.99 today. Shipping is $6.99 (bringing the total to $13), but you can order up to 6 copies of the game for the same shipping rate, making the game just over $7 each if you order 6 copies. Haven't played it yet personally, but if it's anything like North Star's other games, it would make a great Christmas gift.

http://www.tanga.com/products/cluzzle-the-board-game--4?utm_...

Note: According to some of the discussion threads on Cluzzle's BGG page, there may or may not be a problem with the clay being dried out. You may need to buy some Play-Doh or other modeling clay to make this game playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered 6 copies myself. 1 for me, 1 for sis, and 4 to give away to my youth group. Even if the clay is an issue and needs Play-Doh replacements @ $3.00 a game (estimated cost on the high end), that's still a fun gift for $10. Besides, spreading the North Star love around is a good idea. Dominic and his crew rock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it would be best if you assumed that the clay was hard. Some of the games have good clay, but a lot of them don't.

As for the quality of the game, I still think it's a GREAT game. We are just discontinuing it because of the problems we've had with the clay. Make sure to play with the latest rules. We would make them the official rules if we ever did another print run (which might happen if there is some great breakthrough in clay technology).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
domcrap wrote:
Yes, it would be best if you assumed that the clay was hard. Some of the games have good clay, but a lot of them don't.

As for the quality of the game, I still think it's a GREAT game. We are just discontinuing it because of the problems we've had with the clay. Make sure to play with the latest rules. We would make them the official rules if we ever did another print run (which might happen if there is some great breakthrough in clay technology).

Hi Dominic,

I agree, hard clay be darned, this is still a great game. I bought it at full price several years and never regretted it. It's an absolute steal at 5.99.
As for the breakthrough in clay technology, the educational toy company Education Insights makes a product called Playfoam, which is just as model-able as your average Play-Doh style clay, and never goes bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I'll have to look into that. If it does not smell, and does not leave a residue on the hands, and does not cost too much, then I'll have to try and talk Satish into bringing it back into our product line!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
domcrap wrote:
Hmmm... I'll have to look into that. If it does not smell, and does not leave a residue on the hands, and does not cost too much, then I'll have to try and talk Satish into bringing it back into our product line!

It's advertised as being a neater alternative to Play Doh. I've used it a few times and have no complaints. It is also a much lighter substance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my shipment the other day, opened the copy that I'm keeping for myself and was pleasantly surprised to find that while 2 tubs of the clay were pretty dried out, the other 4 were still extremely usable. Still, don't think I'm going to take the gamble on the other boxes, so I'll be keeping an eye out for cheap Play-Doh to include for whoever I gift these extra copies to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McCarroll
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
Check out my reviews at www.nerdbloggers.com
badge
Hi!
mbmbmbmbmb
Putts wrote:
I got my shipment the other day, opened the copy that I'm keeping for myself and was pleasantly surprised to find that while 2 tubs of the clay were pretty dried out, the other 4 were still extremely usable. Still, don't think I'm going to take the gamble on the other boxes, so I'll be keeping an eye out for cheap Play-Doh to include for whoever I gift these extra copies to.

Just put a few drops, to a teaspoon of water in the jar, and close it up overnight. Depending on how dry the dough is you may have to do it a few times, but it should return to it's original pliable glory. It's very hygroscopic stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
hezkezl wrote:
Putts wrote:

Just put a few drops, to a teaspoon of water in the jar, and close it up overnight. Depending on how dry the dough is you may have to do it a few times, but it should return to it's original pliable glory. It's very hygroscopic stuff.

Yeah, I've tried to reinvigorate the dried out dough, but didn't have much luck after a day or so. I may keep trying, but I did go to Target today and buy a 10-pack of 2-oz Play-Doh cans for around $4.50 or so. This way, I can play with more than 6 if I want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.