Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, here's the story:

A while back I got Carson City in trade, and the box had some shipping damage, most notably a small hole in the face of the lid. Everything inside was fine, so I decided to deal with it.

But the game itself wasn't right for me, and I eventually traded it on. I had made note of the damage, but not in the right place, so when I assumed my trade partner had seen it, he had not. Now he's disappointed, and I don't want that, and I'm trying to get him a better box.

Is there anyone out there who wouldn't mind a box with minor damage? Some people aren't as particular about these things, and I know I was fine with it, so maybe you would be too. I can ask my trade partner to take pictures if you want to see the condition for yourself, and I'll pay shipping both ways.

Any takers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I'd try reaching out to the manufacturer to purchase a box and have it direct-shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like your trade partner is nit-picking a bit. If you made mention of the damage, but not in the right place, what difference does it really make of the location of the damage?

I doubt you get any takers on this, I mean, what advantage do we have to trade a good box for a damaged box? I agree with Justin, I would try to get a new one from the manufacturer. It's admirable though that you want to fix this. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, I mean that I put the information in the wrong place. (Listed it as a comment rather than as the trade condition.) I think my guy has a legitimate complaint.

I've tried Eagle Games, and they don't have spare boxes. I don't know if I should be trying QWG, especially since their site is entirely in Dutch.

You're right, though, that I haven't offered any real incentive for anyone to help me. I could send a few bucks on top of the shipping costs, or maybe one of the smaller games on my trade list. Something like Hive or Summoner Wars, that might be compelling enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squidd wrote:
I've tried Eagle Games, and they don't have spare boxes. I don't know if I should be trying QWG, especially since their site is entirely in Dutch.

Bummer.
Quote:
You're right, though, that I haven't offered any real incentive for anyone to help me. I could send a few bucks on top of the shipping costs, or maybe one of the smaller games on my trade list. Something like Hive or Summoner Wars, that might be compelling enough.

Have you tried offering cash to your trade partner? It may be cheaper than three ways of shipping (box -> trader, game -> helper, box -> helper).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.