Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All!

When Star Wars minis first came out in 2004 and I found out that DeAgostini was doing a series of battle books with cardboard terrain and other goodies I contacted a fellow in England (where the subscription would be available) and had him sign me up. He proceeded to send me the issues as they were released.

Sadly, they only came out with four issues before canceling the series. Here is a RebelScum link to the first issue; you can view the others on that site as well:

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWminisBG1.asp

I was wondering if anyone had any idea what this stuff is worth? It seems that it is so rare that I can't find ANY information on the value. Not that rare equals expensive, but I'm curious. Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea, but ebay would establish a value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wheeler
United States
Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you're saying I should just sell it. Then I'd know! laugh

Well, I've searched eBay, both US and UK. Haven't found this yet and I've been checking every couple of months for the last few years. I've never seen any of the set for sale.

Maybe I'm bad at searching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I saw one for sale a year ago. Forget what it sold for but it was way more than I was willing to pay. I knew about them but never managed to get hold of any of them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan Wheeler wrote:
I guess you're saying I should just sell it. Then I'd know! laugh

Well, I've searched eBay, both US and UK. Haven't found this yet and I've been checking every couple of months for the last few years. I've never seen any of the set for sale.

Maybe I'm bad at searching.

Yep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen them on eBay - I'd have bought them if I had!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a full set of them too, unopened. Just came across them when I was cleaning up my game room and doing some re-organizing. They were really neat when they came out, I remember me and a buddy jumping through hoops to get ahold of them. Then we never used them.

So many games...so little time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ever want to get rid of them, I'll give you a good price for them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wheeler
United States
Mobridge
South Dakota
flag msg tools
No peeking!
badge
The item is not here.
mbmbmbmbmb
hentzau wrote:
I have a full set of them too, unopened. Just came across them when I was cleaning up my game room and doing some re-organizing. They were really neat when they came out, I remember me and a buddy jumping through hoops to get ahold of them. Then we never used them.

So many games...so little time...

I color copied the first set (Tantive IV) on cardstock and built it with a buddy of mine. Of course, we had tons of stormtrooper and rebel guards so we didn't need to use any of the other stuff that came with the set.

We played quite a few times in those corridors. It was really an awesome board because it was so narrow but it had all of the doorways along the walls so you could fit one guy in the doorway and the rest would spill into the corridor. It was just like playing the opening battle of the original film. Of course it was all the cooler because you could use the loads of troopers and guards that you ended up having after opening upteen boosters.

I'm glad I didn't ever cut up the original sheets. I don't think we built the whole Tantive IV and I know we didn't get a chance to do Cloud City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PMs sent. I have been looking for these things forever. If anyone could direct me to copies of the terrain for 2 & 3 that could put together it would be most appreciated. I have a copy of 1. I also have 4 but it is cloud city. Also might as well put it out there if anyone knows anything more about the unpublished #5 I'd love to know more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Blanford
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I know its been a while since you posted this, but I was wondering if you still had the magazines and the map/model? I was hoping to see if maybe you had scanned copy and a file of it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll Echo that request....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dafydd Gwynedd
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Miniatures-Storm-Trooper...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twrchtrwyth wrote:

This link will expire eventually. It's a link for a DeAgostini stormtrooper mini. Seller is asking 79.99 pounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Description also reads...

"I will be listing the Magazines and inserts over the coming days".....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.