Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys and gals, let's try something new. We'll see if this generates any interest and whether to continue it going forward. We'd like to get better use out of the Irving Lecture Hall during the show. So if you're a publisher / designers / game explainers and you have a game you want to demo/explain, sign up for a slot. Maybe you'd like to share your expertise on game design, mechanics, the publishing process in a general lecture / forum?

The Irving Lecture Hall is a 96 seat auditorium perfectly designed for demo-ing new games or coordinating smaller events.

If you are interested in sharing your new game or your old game to anyone - sign up for a time slot.

If you have a game/event that could really play well in an auditorium type setting - sign up for a time slot.

Step 1: Check the wiki page to see slots available.
Irving_Lecture_Hall

Step 2: Click "Edit" at the top of the wiki page and fill in your name, BGG username, and Demo/Event name next to the appropriate time slot

For example:
Quote:

!Wednesday, Nov 16
!Name
!UserName
!Demo/Event Name
|-
|12pm-12:45pm
| Kristine Anderson |
| ([username = Kristine]) with no spaces on either side of the "=" sign
| La Citta - Demo
|-
|1pm-1:45pm
| Jeff Anderson
| ([username = CaptainQwyx]) with no spaces on either side of the "=" sign
| How to Explain Tichu to Newbies

Then click SAVE at the bottom of the page. If you do not click Save, you just lost your spot.

Step 3: Promote your event in any appropriate manner.

Step 4: Show up and have fun.

Guidelines -

The entire presentation should take no longer than 45 minutes. If you need longer, you can sign up for consecutive slots, but this should be very rare - we're looking for short, concise, interesting presentations.

Bring your own props, etc. There is a projector and sound system available, but you'll need to bring your own laptop / player and get there early to do your own setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Persampieri
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an *excellent* idea. Last year, it would have been great to have a 7 Wonders demo/explanation early in the conference. So, what do people think the "hot" game will be this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kunsemiller
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Mischievous Hobbes is Mischievous
mbmbmbmbmb
I quite enjoy presenting and explaining games, but I'm not really going there affiliated with any company. I'd be happy to fill a timeslot with teaching one of the "new hotness" games, any suggestions? I'll pull something together ahead of time and sign up for a slot if there is interest.

Edit: I know I've been enjoying the heck out of Strasbourg lately, and I imagine there will probably be a lot of people curious about that one ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kunsemiller
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Mischievous Hobbes is Mischievous
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
Bring your own props, etc. There is a projector and sound system available, but you'll need to bring your own laptop / player and get there early to do your own setup.

Some simple camera feed into that projector would be amazingly helpful for people doing demo's, they could zoom in on the board and pieces and have it projected for everyone to see, but I doubt any one person is going to have that in their back pocket. Something to consider if it could be made available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know how big that stage is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
At least 40 foot wide, maybe 10 deep...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derk wrote:
At least 40 foot wide, maybe 10 deep...

Oh man, Thanks Derk. That would be perfect. I wonder if I could get anyone interested in a massive game of Alien Space Battle Manual or Star Fleet Battle Manual...

Edit: Is it open to anyone who wants to reserve it, or is it specifically for presentations/demos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
Is it open to anyone who wants to reserve it, or is it specifically for presentations/demos?

The room is best suited for presentations/demos, but as we get closer to the con, if there's still timeslots open I don't see any reason why it couldn't also be scheduled for alternate (but still publically-appropriate) purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:

The room is best suited for presentations/demos, but as we get closer to the con, if there's still timeslots open I don't see any reason why it couldn't also be scheduled for alternate (but still publically-appropriate) purposes.

Just sent you a GM to check on a use!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.