Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Online sites to play board games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Taylor
msg tools
Played a game of Stone Age last night with the girlfriend on Yucata.de. Pretty nice website and the game play worked great! My question is, anyone know of other sites like this. Good selection, free, nicely done etc. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuckOfDeath V
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a BGG wiki page with many listed: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/On-line_Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres F. Pabon L.
Colombia
Bogotá
DC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't get much better than Yucata.de. Great interface, and the fact that you can easily play either live games or turn based games without inconveniencing other players make it pretty much unrivaled by any other online gaming site. The selection also helps a lot; there are already around 60 games available.

However, there are a couple sites you might want to check because o their great selection of games (and in one case, due to a very good interface; not as clean as Yucata's, but very nicely done). Here they are in my particular order of preference:

1. If you don't mind that most of the content is in French (even if they say otherwise), you might get a kick out of Jeux sur un Plateau. These guys have some very nice interfaces, and while the selection is rather small, it does have such great games as 7 Wonders, Metropolys, Jaipur, Valdora and Jamaica, amongst others.

2. MaBi Web is one with very few games, but with an interface almost as clean and easy to use as Yucata's. And they do have In the Year of the Dragon.

3. Yet another site with most of it's content in French (although newer games do have good English translations) is Boíte à jeux. Recently, they implemented Agricola, and they do have some very good implementations of other older games as well.

4. Finally, another with few games, but most of them good, and a nice interface: Spiel By Web.

There are several others, but these are the ones I use the most. Living in a country with no good board games market whatsoever forces me to play online a lot, and these are my personal favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.