Subject: Hunter vs Hunted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
redOne El Big Daddy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

In our last session i was wondering about the following scenario that occured during that session:

If a non-pirate player want's to attack a pirate NPC, can he do that buy scouting during his own turn; or does he just wait till the NPC pirate scouts for him and battle ensues due to a positive scouting skill check?

Same question arroze when pirate player wanted to attack NPC naval ships...

Thanks in advance for clarification.

Von Baghdad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Silver
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
C'mon You Loons!
badge
United FC! -----------The Team for Me! ---- Minnesota! ----------- L-O-V-E! -------------
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do both. Sailing into a NPC's zone and letting them scout you is a smart way to save an action if they succeed in finding you and you want a fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The NPC ship or NPC pirate will instantly scout for an appropriate target at the start of that players turn if they are in the same space or if not instantly upon the player entering that space.

Should that fail, you can use your own action to scout them instead...however if you both failed then your out of luck since you can only scout for something once per turn.

(Hmmm...I never thought about it before but if they did fail I guess you could sail out of the zone and back into their zone to get them to scout again...I'll have to relook at the rules this evening to see if there would be anything stopping it but I've never had it come up).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
redOne El Big Daddy
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok that's clear enough for me. It's only a shame that i can't find enough volunteers to sacrifice their time for piracy on the Carribean. Belgium is just too small =))

Greetz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathijs van Dijk
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bewareness wrote:
Ok that's clear enough for me. It's only a shame that i can't find enough volunteers to sacrifice their time for piracy on the Carribean. Belgium is just too small =))

Greetz

Hi Rudy,

A bit harder perhaps but not impossible. I'm here in Belgium (Brussels) and the proud owner of a copy of M&M. A game sometime perhaps?

Met groet,

Mathijs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.