Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Game: Tea Party Zombies Must Die rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
A new online video game company has come up with a controversial new twist on the traditional zombie-killing gaming concept: the zombies targeted for kill are prominent figures in the Tea Party movement.

The game, Tea Party Zombies Must Die, features a handful of Tea Party members--including Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, and a blood-spattered, bra-clad Michele Bachmann--who the gamer is instructed to kill with either a "melee weapon" (in the first level, at least, it's a crowbar) or a gun.

Other featured Tea Party targets include: "Generic pissed off old white guy zombie," "Pissed off stupid white trash redneck birther zombie," "Factory-made blonde Fox News Barbie who has never had a problem in her life zombie," and "Glenn Beck Zombie (Back from the dead!)."

Upon the player's death, one is told, "You got Teabagged! P.S. You didn't have health insurance, so you died. P.P.S. There's no such thing as God, so you died for eternity."


Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20102760-93/in-online-game-...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
Great, another reason for the Right to cry & moan about being victimized.
They're oppressed, y'know?


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Great, another reason for the Right to cry & moan about being victimized.
They're oppressed, y'know?


Doesn't sound very new tone of you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:


This'll show those uppity women.

Sorry, I'm an idiot! I just realized you're beating the women with melee weapons so you don't have to put crosshairs on them! It's truly a New Tone victory after all!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Half of me says really?

other half says, can I play?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 minutes of play I got bored. zombie
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tesuji wrote:
A new online video game company has come up with a controversial new twist on the traditional zombie-killing gaming concept: the zombies targeted for kill are prominent figures in the Tea Party movement.

The game, Tea Party Zombies Must Die, features a handful of Tea Party members--including Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, and a blood-spattered, bra-clad Michele Bachmann--who the gamer is instructed to kill with either a "melee weapon" (in the first level, at least, it's a crowbar) or a gun.

Other featured Tea Party targets include: "Generic pissed off old white guy zombie," "Pissed off stupid white trash redneck birther zombie," "Factory-made blonde Fox News Barbie who has never had a problem in her life zombie," and "Glenn Beck Zombie (Back from the dead!)."

Upon the player's death, one is told, "You got Teabagged! P.S. You didn't have health insurance, so you died. P.P.S. There's no such thing as God, so you died for eternity."


Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20102760-93/in-online-game-...


That is nothing compared to the evils of Sim City Societies, apparently..
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/07/fox-news-takes-st...

For the record, I find the game in the OP made in bad taste.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Great, another reason for the Right to cry & moan about being victimized.
They're oppressed, y'know?




You know, in RSP it's rarely about objectivity or open thinking. It’s not about if something’s wrong, then it’s wrong for all sides. It's not even about taking a second to explore how one might actually feel about a topic. It’s all about scoring points for your side.

It seems like everyone is locked and loaded; the arguments, rebuttals, and talking points have been rehearsed and polished to a shine. Heck, quite often the topic at hand is inconsequential. If the other side is advancing, then pick, parse, and find that angle that will make the other side look bad and score your team some points, despite how you might really feel about a topic.

Remember this oldie but goldie?
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/604616/arizona-congressperso...

Quote:
However, it is important to realize that language has consequences. And if Tea Partier's didn't really want liberal politicians gunned down, they could have been a bit clearer on that point:

*Crosshairs photo*

As Gifford herself said, "“Sarah Palin has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district and when people do that, they’ve gotta realize there are consequences to that action."

So, in short, to those expressing indignation that anyone would suggest the possibility of a connection between these kind of things, I say "fuck off": When you talk about "second amendment remedies", and telling people to "reload" and "aim for Democrats", shit like this happens... For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.


There were many such sentiments in that thread, this one garnered 35 thumbs. I can pretty much guarantee that the same people in that thread do not feel the same righteous indignation in this thread. The indignation will come from the other side in this thread. It’s not the topic. It’s the side you are on.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
eikka wrote:
For the record, I find the game in the OP made in bad taste.

Also for the record, I'm not endorsing game. I just thought RSPers would find it interesting. I don't play first-person shooters - not mentally healthy for me, I've decided.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Knight X wrote:


There were many such sentiments in that thread, this one garnered 35 thumbs. I can pretty much guarantee that the same people in that thread do not feel the same righteous indignation in this thread. The indignation will come from the other side in this thread. It’s not the topic. It’s the side you are on.


Dane, you are probably right to a certain extent, but my "side" in this sort of issue doesn't change depending upon the people on either side of the crosshairs. I think the game is deplorable, and the people responsible for promoting it are fucktards of the lowest order.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
The only part that made me laugh was when I lost all my health and it said.

'You don't have health insurance so you die.'
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this thing tasteless myself. BUT...love the "you don't have health care, so you die". And the cat pleading for the cause of the "poor white menz".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Dane, you are probably right to a certain extent, but my "side" in this sort of issue doesn't change depending upon the people on either side of the crosshairs. I think the game is deplorable, and the people responsible for promoting it are fucktards of the lowest order.


The game is crass and stupid, but I object to the LACK of crosshairs. That and the abysmal sound design.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G L
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Knight X wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
Great, another reason for the Right to cry & moan about being victimized.
They're oppressed, y'know?




You know, in RSP it's rarely about objectivity or open thinking. It’s not about if something’s wrong, then it’s wrong for all sides. It's not even about taking a second to explore how one might actually feel about a topic. It’s all about scoring points for your side.

It seems like everyone is locked and loaded; the arguments, rebuttals, and talking points have been rehearsed and polished to a shine. Heck, quite often the topic at hand is inconsequential. If the other side is advancing, then pick, parse, and find that angle that will make the other side look bad and score your team some points, despite how you might really feel about a topic.

Remember this oldie but goldie?
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/604616/arizona-congressperso...

Quote:
However, it is important to realize that language has consequences. And if Tea Partier's didn't really want liberal politicians gunned down, they could have been a bit clearer on that point:

*Crosshairs photo*

As Gifford herself said, "“Sarah Palin has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district and when people do that, they’ve gotta realize there are consequences to that action."

So, in short, to those expressing indignation that anyone would suggest the possibility of a connection between these kind of things, I say "fuck off": When you talk about "second amendment remedies", and telling people to "reload" and "aim for Democrats", shit like this happens... For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind.


There were many such sentiments in that thread, this one garnered 35 thumbs. I can pretty much guarantee that the same people in that thread do not feel the same righteous indignation in this thread. The indignation will come from the other side in this thread. It’s not the topic. It’s the side you are on.


False. I'm the original commenter, and this game is also a bad idea.

That said, it's also a false equivalency, as I'm fairly sure Biden didn't program this video game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ExcitingJeff wrote:


The game is crass and stupid, but I object to the LACK of crosshairs. That and the abysmal sound design.


I didn't play it, it's probably great. I just felt like taking a stand.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.