Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josiah Miller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, all countries connected to a Schengen symbol are adjacent to all 7 Schengen coutries, and all Schengen countries are adjacent to countries connected to the symbol.

Am I correct in interpreting this as well? All countries connected to a Schengen symbol are NOT necessarily considered adjacent to each other?

In other words, Morocco isn't adjacent to Russia even though they are both adjacent to the 7 Schengen countries. It may seem like an obvious clarification, but I need to feel correct here.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they share a common neighbor, but not a connection. Here is an analogous example, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia both share Gulf States as a common neighbor, but that doesn't make them adjacent. Pakistan is adjacent to Gulf States and Saudi Arabia is adjacent to Gulf States, but Pakistan is not adjacent to Saudi Arabia. (That said, I am not looking at my board though, going from memory and your description.) Adjacent only includes countries connected by lines, or all Schengan iff connected to a Schengan symbol (if memory serves, all Schengan countries are connected to a Schengan symbol already, so you aren't eliminating anything by reading it that way.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Miller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I got it now, thanks.

It probably also helps that I looked up the Schengen Agreement and understand it from a thematic standpoint, as well. I know, I probably should've known what it was, but doesn't it count for something that I took the time to look it up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
brotherjo wrote:
I think I got it now, thanks.

It probably also helps that I looked up the Schengen Agreement and understand it from a thematic standpoint, as well. I know, I probably should've known what it was, but doesn't it count for something that I took the time to look it up?

Yes - it shows yet again that we learn from games! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Miller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have learned more about US history from GMT than I did in High School. I'll say that in court.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.