Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb

In ten days, TABS will be hosting its second annual Combat Commander tournament. More details here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/676761/2nd-annual-tabs-c...

This year, all games will be scenarios using the Combat Commander: Pacific ruleset.

In order to guarantee a competitive field, we really need to nail down numbers and get a good sense of how many people will be competing. If you haven't already, please send an e-mail with the title “TABS Combat Commander Tournament 2011 Registration” to:

cvha-hc-east AT hotmail DOT com

We're quite excited - for the championship round, players will be able to select from one of two custom-designed scenarios which feature Canadians fighting in Hong Kong, a seldom-wargamed but still very interesting battle.

So, take up the cardboard gauntlet (or grenade, in this case) and register for this Tournament. Look at this prize trophy, folks! Who wouldn't want their name etched on that beast?

See you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was some talk of this tournament being re-tried at the Niagara Falls convention at the end of the month. Any chance of that happening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
There was some talk of this tournament being re-tried at the Niagara Falls convention at the end of the month. Any chance of that happening?

Sorry Chris,

I couldn't spare the vacation time (or the karma) to leave my wife alone with two young rambunctious boys for four and a half days.

Maybe next year... maybe.

*sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozure wrote:
fatgreta wrote:

Sorry Chris,

I couldn't spare the vacation time (or the karma) to leave my wife alone with two young rambunctious boys for four and a half days.

*sigh*

No trouble, I think I'm going to get a CC tournament in February at Totalcon, somewhere near by! And they were talking about making a trophy with a grenade on it! Copy cats...

PS - I've bumped into some folks on line playing your scenario. Have you gotten much feedback about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Kozure wrote:
fatgreta wrote:

Sorry Chris,

*sigh*

No trouble, I think I'm going to get a CC tournament in February at Totalcon, somewhere near by! And they were talking about making a trophy with a grenade on it! Copy cats...

PS - I've bumped into some folks on line playing your scenario. Have you gotten much feedback about it?

Oh - that's very nice to hear. No, I haven't had any feedback since the first round of very helpful playtesters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.