Recommend
35 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Quarriors! Quaxos Promo Cards» Forums » News

Subject: Quarriors Quaxos Promos coming to BGG! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just confirmed that WizKids will be sending the Quaxos promo to BGG! They're working hard to get them to us by the end of the year, so we should have them in time for your stocking stuffer needs. A huge thanks to Wizkids for making these available to the users of BGG!
13 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
I've just confirmed that WizKids will be sending the Quaxos promo to BGG! They're working hard to get them to us by the end of the year, so we should have them in time for your stocking stuffer needs. A huge thanks to Wizkids for making these available to the users of BGG!

Are these the exact same promos given out at GenCon or are there new Quaxos creatures in this offering?

If they are the same, do they actually have the same look as the base game cards or are they slightly off like the original promos?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I sold mine already. Market is about to crash.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. I was this close to buying a backup set for someone in our gaming group in an auction over the weekend. But I had a funny feeling . . .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough that my FLGS had a copy of the Quaxos Promos when I bought my copy of Quarriors, which they game to me. Go FLGS!

However, I say, Awesome that BGG's store is getting them as well!

I find "elitism" hurts my enjoyment of things, hurts a hobby in general, and only contributes to people being jerks to one another. And having no way to get promos OTHER than attending a major con contributes to Elitism.

8 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already have the promos myself but glad to hear other players will not be left wanting! Maybe we will see some BGG exclusive promos in the near future?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
I've just confirmed that WizKids will be sending the Quaxos promo to BGG! They're working hard to get them to us by the end of the year, so we should have them in time for your stocking stuffer needs. A huge thanks to Wizkids for making these available to the users of BGG!

Are these the exact same promos given out at GenCon or are there new Quaxos creatures in this offering?

If they are the same, do they actually have the same look as the base game cards or are they slightly off like the original promos?

I think I know the answers to this, but let me check with Wizkids before giving you a definitive answer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I assume others were asking for these as well but it feels really cool to have asked for theses and then see this announcement.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news, I need some...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Frank
Canada
Tecumseh
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not familiar with obtaining things through BBG. How would I be able to order these cards when they become available?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Are these the exact same promos given out at GenCon or are there new Quaxos creatures in this offering?

They're the same three cards that were used as retailer bonuses and at GenCon.

ColtsFan76 wrote:
If they are the same, do they actually have the same look as the base game cards or are they slightly off like the original promos?

The ones we're getting were printed at the same factory that printed the base set, so they should match the cards from the base set.

The Broox wrote:
I assume others were asking for these as well but it feels really cool to have asked for theses and then see this announcement.

Yup, I got a lot of requests for this one from users. It turned out I was already well aware of this one and attempting to get it on BGG, but it's always good to bring things to my attention on the chance I haven't seen it!

Aseneth wrote:
I am not familiar with obtaining things through BBG. How would I be able to order these cards when they become available?

The Geek Store

You can also access the Geek Store via Bazaar > Geek Store.

Shipping from the Geek Store is the same price world-wide, so anyone can get in on the action!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ullrich

Cherry Hill
New Jersey
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
overtheboard wrote:
Glad I sold mine already. Market is about to crash.

Yeah, and the cool thing for you is that you'll be able to buy them back in a few months for a third or a sixth of what you sold them for.

I just won an auction for them last week for $16. I can live with overpaying $11. Besides, how was I to know?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan lee
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Cult of the New
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
woah.. i was glad my FLGS gave me the promo together with the game. GO FLGS as stated above haha
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Looks like 28 is coming in this year!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My local store screwed me this time, a clerk sold my reserved copy with promo the day they got the game, claiming he didn't know it was reserved. I ended up getting it on ebay with promo for 20$ extra since there were no plans to make these promos available again. Next time I'll wait.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we still waiting for these to arrive at BGG? Or have they already sold out?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
Are we still waiting for these to arrive at BGG? Or have they already sold out?


still waiting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarriors Quaxos Promo Release Date in BGG Store Changed...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They're up. I just ordered mine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

ColtsFan76 wrote:
If they are the same, do they actually have the same look as the base game cards or are they slightly off like the original promos?

The ones we're getting were printed at the same factory that printed the base set, so they should match the cards from the base set.


I don't think he meant card stock or colors, etc. The original printing of the promo cards was cut extremely off center, to the point where some of the card artwork was cut off by one of the sides. If anyone can confirm this has been corrected in the BGG run, I would definitely pick it up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Multicron wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

ColtsFan76 wrote:
If they are the same, do they actually have the same look as the base game cards or are they slightly off like the original promos?

The ones we're getting were printed at the same factory that printed the base set, so they should match the cards from the base set.


I don't think he meant card stock or colors, etc. The original printing of the promo cards was cut extremely off center, to the point where some of the card artwork was cut off by one of the sides. If anyone can confirm this has been corrected in the BGG run, I would definitely pick it up.
I think he did mean the colors. I had pre-order promos and they did not have the problem you are describing. In fact this is the first I have heard of that issue, but if you look at the forums you will find threads about the coloring issue.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
ras2124 wrote:
Multicron wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:

ColtsFan76 wrote:
If they are the same, do they actually have the same look as the base game cards or are they slightly off like the original promos?

The ones we're getting were printed at the same factory that printed the base set, so they should match the cards from the base set.


I don't think he meant card stock or colors, etc. The original printing of the promo cards was cut extremely off center, to the point where some of the card artwork was cut off by one of the sides. If anyone can confirm this has been corrected in the BGG run, I would definitely pick it up.
I think he did mean the colors. I had pre-order promos and they did not have the problem you are describing. In fact this is the first I have heard of that issue, but if you look at the forums you will find threads about the coloring issue.

No I actually meant the cardstock, the color and the slightly offset cut. The promos at GenCon were washed out and more muted in color. The cardstock was not glossy like the base game. And the card backs were not quite lined up with the originals.

The new ones from BGG look pretty much like the base game ones (though I haven't compared them side by side). But they are noticeably closer upon first inspection.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.