Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Mote
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I'm not a fan - the original artwork has much more style and fits the theme.

Green astronaut with purple hair, giant robot, 50's retro rocket?

The card art looks much better so maybe I will be able to look past the amateurish cover. I'm sure this is already off to the printer - hard to believe this was the best Stronghold could do. Guess I'll just have to PS something with the original/new art and make a new box cover (keep the robot, add the old base, lose the Shuttle and new base...)

/endrant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

They said they were going for a retro 40's - 50's Sci-Fi theme. Unfortunately, I don't think they really pulled it off. Alien Frontiers IMO does the same thing, but 10 times better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any images of the new art available?
I've checked the game's gallery but found no new card art. Although the new edition's cover is already used as a representative image meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the cover art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.