Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I LOVE rolling dice, and we need a good horror game (LNoE wasn't for us), but the listed 120 minutes playing time is about double the length of what Rach would be up for.

Things that are listed as being longer than 45-60 minutes she has to really love (or be pushed really hard by moi) to play.

Anyone who has played it a few times have any comments on how true the estimated 120 minutes is for this one?

Would it be more or less for 2 players?

Is it the same length for all the scenarios?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 2 games of this, with 8 and 6 people, and both took about an hour, with instruction time included... I have no idea where they came up with 120 minutes...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played once, with 5 people. It was a learning game for all of us (taught by Kevin Wilson!), and we definitely took our time. We didn't race through it, and several times we sat back to ponder a rule, or to decide how we as a group wanted to attack the situation at hand.

Even then, I'm sure that we took no longer than 90 minutes (including learning the rules), and once we know what we're doing, I suspect we'd be playing in 60 minutes or less all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a bunch of games with 3, and they all took about 45 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played at PAX under the tutelage of one of the FFG guys. We had 4 players (three of us played for the first time), and it took us 1 hour from the time we sat down to our victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, 45-90 minutes seemed the norm. These were all 8 player. The length of the game really seems affected by the luck of the draw. You need elder signs to defeat the Great Old One. Sometimes every location will reward one, or even two. One game that I saw had no elder sign rewards on any of the locations at the beginning of the game. This game lasted a bit longer than others that I had seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At Gencon the Elder Sign events were slotted every 2 hours. All games I saw were finished by the 2-hr time limit, including rules instruction. And with 8 players.

A 2-player game should last 45-60 minutes, especially after you have the rules down. I think your lady will like it--lots of dice rolling and excitement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.