Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just held a few pretty successful auctions, just got a sweet job, and am planning on hitting my favorite FLGS, Games Keep, tomorrow.

Karl, the awesome owner has set aside a copy of Fortune and Glory for me.

I'm interested in games that have a solo option, but not soley.

More importantly, I want games that are either very thematic or very unique mechanistically.

Most importantly, I want games that I can play with my girlfriend. She likes games on the lighter/shorter side.
Her favorites are:
7 Wonders
Buffy (we both love the show...well I do now, bc of her)
Quarriors (we both love rolling dice)
Biblios
Yspahan (she likes building up her powers...and rolling dice)
Jaipur
Catacombs
Thebes (she likes exploring and the controlled chance of "digging")
Navegador

My current favorites are:
Star Wars: Epic Duels (Star Wars!)
Quarriors (dice!)
Catacombs (flicking, fantasy)
The D&D Adventure System (fantasy, dungeon crawl, soloable, adaptable)
Memoir '44 (tactical, light)
Navegador (manipulating the economy and building an engine)
Airlines Europe (Ttr and Chicago Express' baby. I love it so much =P)

I was thinking about Airships (dice) or Ascending Empires(flicking and building an engine).

Also about Elder Sign and Bloodsuckers, as we don't have anything really horror (a genre she really enjoys). Also, I don't think he (Karl, my FLGS owner) has Elder Sign quite yet...gonna cross my fingers, but...plus the 120 playing time is way beyond her.

One last thing - we both like zombies, but LNoE wasn't for us.

SO, BGG hive-mind - any suggestions for a card/ fantasy/ soloable/ light/ medium-light/ building/ economic/ dice/ flicking/ horror/ zombie game???

THANKS!!
Jim
I have a Wishlist, but it isn't really up to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might give Eaten By Zombies a shot... it has a lot of the stuff you mention in it, including Zombies of course:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/9388/eaten-by-zombies/dra...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll offer up a few possibilities, probably more for her than for you since her tastes seem a bit more aligned with those of me and my wife:

Bombay - Cute little elephants that carry wooden "silk" cubes right on their back. Pickup and deliver, but with some other ways to earn money (aka VP). Quick. Best with 3-4, but good with 2.

San Juan - Not a lot of theme, but I would say it has at least as much as 7 Wonders. Pretty easy to learn, but has some depth. Quick. Great with 2-4.

Ra: The Dice Game - Dice!!! On the lighter side, but still interesting thanks to Ra-like Knizia scoring. Quicker with 2; more interaction with 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.