J K
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to get a group together that would primarily play deck building games. Just wanted to see if anyone local on the geek would be interested. Next stop would be meetup.com. Figured I would try the cheaper route first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korey McMurtrey
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be interested. I've recently been looking into finding a group in Louisville to join. I was looking for a more general Euro/strategy game group, but I like deckbuilding games too. The only one I've played (and own) thus far is Dominion (base set). I'd really like to play that some more, and would like to try other games too.

What else were you thinking as far as games, meeting places, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love pretty much any style of board game so that sounds great. You can look at my collection on here to see what style of games I like. I was thinking starting out we could meet in a coffee shop somewhere or even a game shop and figure things out from there. Do you have any friends that play games? I have a couple guys that meet up from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korey McMurtrey
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's definitely a lot of games in your collection that overlap my interests.

Most of the people I've played games with over the last year have been relatively casual players. My wife and I will invite one of our couple-friends over for a game night from time to time. So far, everyone I've introduced games to has seemed to enjoy them, but they're still very new to modern games. I'm not sure how interested any of them would be in playing more games more regularly, but it's possible some might be interested at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any day of the week that works best for you to meet up somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korey McMurtrey
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Most days are good for me. Weekends are hit or miss, depending on what other plans we might have made, but I usually have plenty of free time. And most weeknights are open too. The upcoming week is more or less open. Do you have a preferred day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayo (Jason) Meepow
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I'm in a group that meets every other week or so that was started over the Warhammer Invasion card game, but we also play other stuff like Ascension, Rune Wars, Nightfall, Tomb, and more. Check out our meetup page. We would love to have you guys join us!

http://www.meetup.com/Louisville-Warhammer-Invasion-League/

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meepow wrote:
Hey guys, I'm in a group that meets every other week or so that was started over the Warhammer Invasion card game, but we also play other stuff like Ascension, Rune Wars, Nightfall, Tomb, and more. Check out our meetup page. We would love to have you guys join us!

http://www.meetup.com/Louisville-Warhammer-Invasion-League/

Jason

Nice the only LCG I am into is Lord of the Rings but as for the other games you mentioned I am game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korey McMurtrey
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd been looking at the Warhammer group too. Especially since you guys started having more general game days as well. I'm probably a little more interested in the general game days, but Invasion definitely looks like it'd be fun to try out. I actually just signed up on the Meetup site, and would maybe be able to come out next weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Daugherty
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason beat me to it but you guys are absolutely welcome to join us anytime. Warhammer meets every Friday, as a rule, and right now board game days are the second and either fourth or last Saturday of the month. We've started a feature game theme. Tomorrow is Runewars. If your interested in deck building, Nightfall will probably be the feature game at the next Board Game Madness meetup. Members are always eager to schedule impromtu meetups as well. Next Saturday I think some members are going to Indy for a W:I tournament and two of our members are actually setting a session during their lunch break. Feel free to suggest a meetup if you can't attend the scheduled meetup. That's actually how Board Game Madness got started! We generally have the attitude of trying anything once and my own personal credo is I'll play your games and hopefully you'll do the same for me.

Grey Daddy, I'd love to play Resident Evil. I've been wanting to purchase it but don't have the funds. Be great to try before I buy!

Korey, I have Merchants and Marauders as well but have yet to give it a whirl. Do you like it?

Thanks for posting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J K
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Korey I think we have found a game group
I also have Runeage so if you like the Runewars universe it is def a deck builder to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Daugherty
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Rune Age at Gen Con twice. Absolutely loved it! Jason enjoyed it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korey McMurtrey
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Logan: M&M is pretty cool. I especially like how awesome it looks once it's laid out on the table. Ive only played it once, as a 2-player with my wife. It was definitely fun, though there's a lot going on. Even for me, who had read the rules multiple times and ran a couple practice rounds. There's a lot to keep track of. But it's very thematic, fun, and adventurous.

It's just a little bit too rules-heavy for most of the friends/family I've played stuff with thus far. And a little long. But I definitely liked it, and would like to give it another go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.