Subject: Wrong attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very funny situation that happened to us:

We where playing the Reynier's assault on Bussaco with a couple of whisky drinks. I was on the allied side.

Near the end and on my turn, I made an English LI of 4 figs go and advance down the hill to attack an isolated enemy LI of 2 figs. I killed 1 fig and rolled also a flag. I told to my friend that he must move that last fig TOWARD HIS SIDE (like any normal retreat) ... my friend smile and told me that this unit must retreat MY WAY ... ?!? ... So I looked back at this weak & nearly dead unit ... DAMN ... IT WAS A PORTUGESE LINE INFANTRY!!!

In fact I shot on MY OWN ALLIES! For sure what the hell those damn allies were doing between my efficient British infantry and the French artillery (lol)? Another case of fragging?

We both laugh so much but I had to be honest: This horrible friendly killing attack could have happened in the reality so I conceded the loss and stayed with the Portuguese unit at 1 figure!

At this moment I was leading 5-3 ... to finally lose it 5-6!

What a terrible general I had been: never take command under alcohol for the respect of your boys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I had my stupid moment too this week-end:

I formed square and took a card from my opponent's hand... should of seen the look on his face...ninja

I also forgot the Brits at home...I was so frustrated later that I emptied all my plano boxes and put all blocks in baggies into the main box, there you go, no more desertion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.