Subject: The next in the field commander series ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sam faraci
Australia
melbourne
victoria
flag msg tools
I just bought field commander alexander and thouroughly enjoyed it so ive just ordered field commander napoleon.I was just wondering what the next in the series is going to be or what others would like to see as the next in the field commander series.In my eyes it would have to be field commander caesar as the next obvious and most popular choice and i'd also love to see it with a mounted battleboard like fc napoleon and bigger sized battle units as the ones in alexander were a tad small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cutter3377 wrote:
I just bought field commander alexander and thouroughly enjoyed it so ive just ordered field commander napoleon.I was just wondering what the next in the series is going to be or what others would like to see as the next in the field commander series.In my eyes it would have to be field commander caesar as the next obvious and most popular choice and i'd also love to see it with a mounted battleboard like fc napoleon and bigger sized battle units as the ones in alexander were a tad small.

i think its FIELD COMMANDER : NIMITZ

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/105023/fleet-commander-ni...

i dont like the napoleon era game so i wont be buying FC:Napoleon, not because of the game itself but because of the theme. but Nimitz's era is definitely my style =D

*box photo depicting Adm Nimitz playing Corsair Leader ;-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'm surprised, given this

DVG - Next Field Commander?

I can see them wanting to mix it up a bit and do naval combat, but, I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to Genghis Khan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam faraci
Australia
melbourne
victoria
flag msg tools
Yeah im suprised too,i dont even know who nimitz is!.Oh well i hope they look at doing field commander Caesar at some stage soon ,Ghengis Khan would be interesting as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Personally I'm very excited to see a full solitaire treatment of WWii in the pacific
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Volpe
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!!

I'm really looking forward to this one!

One of the big problems with Pacific theatre games is that it's so one sided in favor of the Americans. Being a solo game, Fleet Commander Nimitz makes sense.

Can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cutter3377 wrote:
Yeah im suprised too,i dont even know who nimitz is!.Oh well i hope they look at doing field commander Caesar at some stage soon ,Ghengis Khan would be interesting as well.

i guess its subjective for each person, as for me, i wont buy games from napoleon period because the theme.ditto with alexander period or genghis khan period.. but nimitz and rommel i like the era..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Wow, I'm surprised, given this

DVG - Next Field Commander?

I can see them wanting to mix it up a bit and do naval combat, but, I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to Genghis Khan.

Me, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Friez
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
dprijadi wrote:
cutter3377 wrote:

i guess its subjective for each person, as for me, i wont buy games from napoleon period because the theme.ditto with alexander period or genghis khan period.. but nimitz and rommel i like the era..

I like all those era's FC:N is fantastic - and Nimitz sounds like a great choice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Moores
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Herman Balck. Starting off as commander of 1st motorised regiment at Sedan in 1940. then command of 11 Panzer, and GD in 1942.Then on to command 48 Panzer corps December 43- july 44. Lastly a not very illustrious time as commander of 4th panzer army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is perfect for me!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.