Subject: Aliens in the Advanced game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
If ye see the laird, tell him this makes the twelve hunner and nineteen time that Jennet Clouston has called down the curse on him and his house, byre and stable, man, guest, and master, wife, miss, or bairn—black be their fall! -RLStevenson
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 12 Barren planets in the White System markers. There are 16 Alien ship counters included in the game. You are supposed to place four Alien Ships on each White System Barren planet as they are discovered.

We had four such planets in our last game, and so placed all 16 Alien ships. No one had Terraforming, so there was no incentive to attack them - they simply acted as blocked spaces.

It didn't happen, but what would you do if you revealed a fifth barren planet in the White System chits and don't have any more Alien ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
That happened to us in our last game. Call me crazy but since there were no more alien counters we didn't put any on the new barren planets. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilcoxon
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
That happened to us in our last game. Call me crazy but since there were no more alien counters we didn't put any on the new barren planets. whistle

That's crazy!laugh

Depends on the situation if it's a 2-3 player I'd use left over group markers but in a 4 player it's a tougher situation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
If no one is much interested in attacking them it doesn't matter a lot but, in the case where you might run out, just mark the planet with an alien ship and draw them when the planet is attacked. Of course you could also make a side note.

It doesn't happen much because, if people are interested in the alien planets they get recycled. If people are not interested in the alien planets they won't be attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only a couple types of alien craft. You could use group markers to stretch the supply of alien ships. Especially in a situation where one alien world draws 3 or 4 of the same type of ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What we did when we ran out of Alien ships was pull one ship off each Alien planet and newly discovered ones only got 3. We planned to do the same and then only give 2 the next time we ran out. Somebody would get interested at some point, but losing ships to Aliens isn't attractive. We were talking about having a chance of finding a Space Wreck when you take over an Alien planet as a variant to make fighting them more likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.