Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Nelson
United States
Oxford
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game and have enjoyed it very much, and have played with a group that I normally play pandemic with (and they would rather play that than K2 darn it all), when I thought how this game could work interestingly as a co-op. The fundamental switch would have to be the objective, like you have to get every climber to the summit, or every climber to the summit except one. Players would be allowed to discuss who will play what cards when, who will take risk tokens etc. and would be allowed to share tents. These advantages would be off set by having to get so many climbers to the top (big time traffic jams) or increasing the 0 risk tokens to 1 (and of course the in game difficulties like weather or board side would also come into play). Anyway I think this would be fun to experiment with. It also helps simulate the brotherhood of the rope concept that meshes with the theme. What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Poland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting, so... try
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun idea!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm rather new to the game and had the same exact idea; especially since K2 allows for a "partial achievement" a la Hanabi (have the group playing decide between getting more people higher up vs. running the risk of one of them dying). Or one might even replace the 0/1/2 risk tokens by some kind of cards that represent various calamities (from broken down equipment (= discard a random card from your hand) to avalanche-like special weather conditions to temporary blocking of certain spaces on the board).

However, these being just ideas, I was wondering whether anyone has made any experience with K2 as a coop?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.