M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo

Hello there,

Amidst all the great games and four noobs (hello noobs!!! Glad you found a babysitter AND you got to play Puerto Rico) there was a bit of silliness on dues.

I collected $2 (but one person paid $3 it looks like --- or, someone shortchanged us $1.00 ... it doesn't matter).

I told the bartender we will pay $3.00 starting next session.
I even gave them my number if they want to raise a stink.
I don't think they will bother.

As of next session the dues will be $3.00 per person.
If you prepaid, those are good enough (you do not need to pay the extra $1.00).

--------------------------------------------------

Now on to the important stuff.

Kuub and I played a neat Abstract/Civilization/Fluxx hybrid.
YES I SAID the F-WORD!!!.

It is called why are you pointing to me, just click!!.

It was a lot of fun, 2-4 players is optimal, it has multiple paths to victory and a nice balance of resource expenditure / rewards.

I really look forward to a couple more plays.

----------------------------------------

PR -- our table -- Richard took this one with a sugar/coffee + Wharf + harbour 53 points.

----------------------------------------

See you and your Throonie (?) in two weeks.

googoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, forgot to mention...

If you played something neat -- post it.

If you played something awful, please warn us!!
(There is nothing worse than $50+ of useless cardboard)

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The big table 9 player Dixit: Odyssey was an interesting experience and I can see actually buying the game to play with the loved ones, not sure how well it scales down to 3 players though. Not in the awful category but certainly not in the usually played group.

Then played London which I enjoyed despite being way at the bottom and not sure of what my strategy was/ should be. Poverty killed me, and I'm still not sure how to get those back. I want to play this one again. Can't wait for my Discworld: Ankh-Morpork to show up now.

A few hands of Tichu to round out the evening and it was all good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Discworld puts the game first, it should be good.
If it puts the humour first, it may be 'Munchkin' shake

Let me know how it turns out.

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to report that our revamped session of Colosseum went very well. All rules were observed, and it was a helluva lot more enjoyable than our first go of teaching it. Many thanks to the participants for trying it a second time. Lemontang had a ridiculous come-from-behind win, whereas Doon attempted a rather ambitious final show int he last round, which sadly ruined him! I'm not too sure if the spectators were asking for their denarius back or not!

3 bucks?! Get outta here! Inflationary times my friends! Just kidding, shouldn't be too much of an issue at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
MrZoz wrote:

goo

Aw, poor Munchkin. It tries so hard. When I play I usually have a good time, but it doesn't quite work as a game.

Steve was good enough to show me the ropes at both Summoner Wars and Tichu. Yes, somehow I've managed to go this long without playing Tichu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrZoz wrote:

goo

This one is a Wallace design and has comparisons to London. It may be that it has forgotten to add any humour, except for the pasted on theme.
Guards! Guards! A Discworld Boardgame may have more laughs but being more Talisman like is a longer game.

BTW Munchkin the Star Wars variant is one of my sons faves, although we haven't played really cut throat so that opinion may change. It's a random card game "just like Tichu"

Steve, I'm not sure if the orcs are really that much worse, have only played Summoner Wars once with those factions and there was a close win for the elf army in that game, but could have gone either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don d00n
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckyparadise wrote:
Lemontang had a ridiculous come-from-behind win, whereas Doon attempted a rather ambitious final show int he last round, which sadly ruined him! I'm not too sure if the spectators were asking for their denarius back or not!

That Emperor's Loogie made all the difference!

Yeah, my final show didn't go too well. I should've just called it "Springtime for Caesar." That would've been a success!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
kurt_purcell wrote:
not sure how well it scales down to 3 players though.

It doesn't. Even at 4 players it's rough going. It's ideal at 5 or 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Zen Hamster
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When I'm in charge, every mission is a suicide mission.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys! This is kinda off-topic but does anyone know of an RPG group in Ottawa that is looking for new players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hamsterzen wrote:
Hi guys! This is kinda off-topic but does anyone know of an RPG group in Ottawa that is looking for new players?

Not off topic - gaming is gaming.
Depending on your age there are a number of groups at the universities and colleges.
However, you may also want to check the post board of one of our fine sponsors --- Fandom II. Just as you walk in, on the right is a giant bulletin board. You are sure to find lots of options there.

Then, it's just a case of grabbing your vorpal sword of vorpalling and daringly delving into the deadly dungeon denizens! angry

Have fun.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hosting a game of Twilight Imperium on Sunday the 18th if anyone is interested. Could use a couple more. If you've never played we are happy to teach, but know that it is a very steep learning curve and the game can last 4-10 hours depending on the players! Hella fun though if you like deep strategy and political games.

Shoot me a geekmail if you are interested.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.