Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dead Man's Doubloons
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Nazgul only be recruited into Shadow cities or strongholds that were ORIGINALLY aligned with Shadow? Just wanted to confirm this. Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ye there's that restriction but also as leaders of armies controlled by Sauron (as opposed to Easterlings or Saruman's forces) they're restricted to recruitment in areas Sauron controlled originally too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dead Man's Doubloons
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh - I see. But I thought there was something about them not actually being considered Sauron forces, but more generic or something. I'll need to recheck the rules to find what I'm talking about.

Me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonmiceli wrote:
Ahh - I see. But I thought there was something about them not actually being considered Sauron forces, but more generic or something. I'll need to recheck the rules to find what I'm talking about.

Me

If you try to align the game with the story, there is no way that other allies of the dark lord can recruit the nazgul. It doesn't make sense. There are only 9 nazgul and they're only asnwer to sauron only. This explains why nazgul can only be recruited by the dark lord.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jasonmiceli wrote:

Me

You're referring to the face that they can lead any Shadow army. This is similar to free peoples leaders, but the other two shadow factions have no leaders of their own, and rely on the Nazgul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isengard (and S&E, in multi-player games) Elites act as Leaders for movement and combat purposes while Saruman is in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dead Man's Doubloons
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all - I'm clear now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.