Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game tonight with the expansion and a number of questions kept popping up with its abilities.

I interpret the ability to only bar "special actions," e.g., actions that a character can do instead of melee flicking. What about passive abilities for items that do not require the hero to do instead of a melee flicking action for them to work? I would think these would still work regardless of the siren's presence.

The specific questions that came up (that I would think would still function):
1. Does the Paladin's armor still work?

2. Does the ice princess' ice shield still work (since it also works passively)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Clark
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question, as the Overseer I've interpreted this as "heroes may make melee actions" only. Abilities that don't require an action to activate (i.e. Paladin's armor) are not affected by the Siren Call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I consulted with my colleagues and the way the rules are written precludes spells, items, special actions etc from having any affect whether they are "active" or "passive" while the Siren is in play. This includes the Witch Hunter's artifacts. Allies (such as the familiar and dwarf miner) are not affected by the Siren as they are placed during the Setup phase. However, the Wizard couldn't summon a skeleton, because that would be a spell. To summarize: heroes and allies may only take single melee shots exclusively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Foldenauer
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, see the clarifications in my post above regarding the Siren. --Aron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aronwest wrote:
I consulted with my colleagues and the way the rules are written precludes spells, items, special actions etc from having any affect whether they are "active" or "passive" while the Siren is in play. This includes the Witch Hunter's artifacts. Allies (such as the familiar and dwarf miner) are not affected by the Siren as they are placed during the Setup phase. However, the Wizard couldn't summon a skeleton, because that would be a spell. To summarize: heroes and allies may only take single melee shots exclusively.

The rules specifically state that the Witch Hunter's artifacts are not effected. Should we consider this to be offical errata?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kelsey
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you thinking of "corrosion"? Because in that case, you are right, Witch Hunter Artifacts are not affected. In the case of "suppression", though, the Witch Hunter cannot use his artifacts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Shao
msg tools
What about Paladin's armor? Does it still work under "suppression"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Amos
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Paladin is affected and none of his special abilties would function, just like the rest of the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.