United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're big, count as 3 units, but have an upkeep cost during your portent step.

We've got a designer diary planned for all of the "maybe" unit types in testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Searfoss
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait wait wait... a half-mortal scion of Zeus has the capacity to call a Titan to his cause? surprise

I could see the Titans being used perhaps as an alternate set of Feats/Rewards, but to make them "units" would be a big step away from an otherwise well handled theme for the game (said theme being a big part of why I really enjoy it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah--plus Titans are cool.

PS: One of the best avatars I've seen on any site ever, Wylde. Love it.

It's been years since I've seen that movie, and too many things lately seem to be hinting at my watching it again. I think this was the last straw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Searfoss
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The WyldeIrishMan wrote:
You're not truly bothered by the fact of something like this happening in the realm of...mythology, are you?

Well, as a bit of a Greek Mythology nut: Yes, I am.

The WyldeIrishMan wrote:
Currying favor with gods that act no better than petulant playground brats or jealous,jilted slatterns themselves is ultimately going to trump any notions of "fair minded-ness" when it comes to who should "get" to do what, I would think.

Said gods deposed the titans and locked away those they didn't kill to keep themselves safe from reprisal. If anything, I'd think the gods would be pretty pissed at you if you (a demi-god at best) managed to break free and send a titan stomping around on your behalf.

On the other hand, it could make for some interesting mechanical concepts. Perhaps, using a titan to win a battle at a city gets you the reward card, but it goes straight to your "used reward" pile instead of your hand. The god in question won't deny your victory, but they're mad at you and withold their favor as punishment (they are "petulant", after all ).

Another alternative (though one that does not provide titan's as units), would be to have one of the players have a different set of "titan" feats/rewards. He's fighting to help them get revenge, and they've offered him Greece in return. Not sure how hard it would be to balance something like that, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The WyldeIrishMan wrote:
...is akin to watching a comic-book based film and getting bent out of shape to the point of apoplexy because the on-screen version skews/strays from the memory/actual account.
Okay, while I certainly agree that comic book movies should be a reinterpretation of the work on which they're based, can we also agree that most comic book movies thus far have failed hard at doing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single doubt wrote:
On the other hand, it could make for some interesting mechanical concepts. Perhaps, using a titan to win a battle at a city gets you the reward card, but it goes straight to your "used reward" pile instead of your hand. The god in question won't deny your victory, but they're mad at you and withold their favor as punishment (they are "petulant", after all .

I like this idea. It could work mechanically, as well as thematically. I'm not a purist, but the idea of Titans running around willy-nilly, and the gods not being a bit peeved just doesn't sit as well with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.