Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Myers
United States
Warwick
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got DOD today and played my first scenario (solo)

The Germans had 4 men, 1 NCO with a MP40 and 3 enlisted with k98s.
The Paratroopers had 1 Sergeant and 3 privates all with M1 Garands.

The German orders were to seize the two Landmark objectives and defend them. One was a crossroads in the North and the other was a pasture in the South. The German secondary objective was to survive the battle with as many men as possible.

The Paratrooper's primary objective was to kill or capture at least half of the Germans and the secondary was to take prisoners.The Paratoopers were to arrive on turn two.

The German Sergeant decided to pick one objective and set up an ambush instead of splitting his soldiers up. He chose the crossroads and the Germans entered in pairs along the two road entry points in the Northwest, moving into the trees to set up the ambush. The Germans were already mostly set up when the Paras entered on turn two.

The Paratroopers entered in the Southeast and moved quietly through the woods on both sides of the road and approached the crossroads. Sgt. Harrison moved into the woodline and was sighted by the Germans who opened fire and killed him. The Paratroopers took cover and tried to spot the Germans without giving away their positions.
Finally, after deciding that they had to make a move, Fields (who had taken over) ordered a bayonet charge! Private Ghost charged over the crossroads and spotted Gefreiter Barth. Barth parried the attack and drove his bayonet through Ghost's chest, turning him into a real ghost!
Mad with bloodlust Barth charged out of the trees and attacked Private Fuller, But Fuller was prepared and impaled Barth, killing him. Fuller turns and emptied a clip into Unteroffizier Dreher killing him.

Meanwhile, PFC Fields shot Maier at close range, wounding him and then moved up close, finishing off the injured German. Enraged at the sight of old Maier being killed by the American, the young Soldat Scholz
charged over and killed Fields with his bayonet.

The last two soldiers now face each other and start fighting. Scholz wounds Fuller, but is then pulled off balance as Fuller grabs his rifle and as Scholz staggers past Fuller knocks him out with his rifle butt.

The Americans win this bloody battle with 20 vps. 13 for knocking out over half the Germans and 7 for taking Scholz prisoner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was contemplating picking up this game, but wasn't sure how well it played or how much of a narrative was generated during a game. In just a few short paragraphs, you've made it sound much more appealing than I'd initially believed it to be.

How long did it take to play out the above?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Myers
United States
Warwick
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of hours it was slow as it was my first game and first setup.
I just finished my second game and in took about an hour. The game is very narrative as you turn the cards you can almost picture the action that is going on. My games have been solo with a good bit of hand to hand combat, so I imagine the more people you involve the longer the game would run. I tend to be very aggressive with the paratroopers as that is how they tended to fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.