Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT has added a "Sneak Preview" of the new Spanish and supplementary French units over on their C&C:N Spain expansion page.

New French units: Guard Light Cavalry and Light Lancers

Spain has a variety of units almost identical to the Portuguese. The difference appears to be that the Spanish have Cuirassier cavalry units.

The Spanish also have Militia infantry.

Two of the Spanish unit types, the Cuirassier and the Light Infantry, appear to have supplementary symbols in the corners of the stickers. Don't know what the symbols represent, but they are perhaps reminders to players about how to treat those units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phd phdphd
msg tools
I think that we can expect other new French units (apart from the Guard Light Cavalry and the Light Lancers). According to GMT, there will be 24 new infantry blocks and 34 cavalry blocks for France.

I would expect to see on the French side French allied units: German (Rhine confederation), Polish or Swiss units and maybe even King Joseph units (spaniards fighting on the French side).

Anyway, I can't wait for this first Expansion set (and for other ones as well)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phd phdphd
msg tools

Now that we know more about the future Spanish Expansion set, it looks like we will see only two new French types of units:

- Light Lancer Cavalry, with special abilities (Re-roll Flags once if attacking except against Cuirassiers) ;
- Guard Light Cavalry (may ignore two flags).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phd phdphd
msg tools

By the way, adding symbols on the units (to show their status, like light infantry, heavy cavalry, etc) makes the blocks look UGLY. Why do people at GMT do not trust the customers, who by the way CAN READ (the same information appears at the bottom)?
Big mistake! It ruins the design of the blocks yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.