Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eating too much of a lamp

Quote:
It's not a reference, just a stupid thing we came up with. We might replace it in future printings.

Pooping back and forth. forever.

Quote:
‎"Pooping back and forth forever" is actually a joke from one of our favorite movies, You and Me and Everyone We Know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQoJo81lujk

source: official Facebook page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What the hell is swooping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djcack wrote:
What the hell is swooping?

We defined it as "You know when someone who doesn't wipe good gets sweaty, and the sweat runs into the poop. Yeah, now make that a verb..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lopp
msg tools
The problem with "swooping" is there are too many slang definitions, but the one I've heard used, and have always understood it as is, the act of an individual (usually male) jumping in between a female friend and an unwanted potential suitor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Cokayne
United Kingdom
Preston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A great deal of the "American Media" related ones.

Had to look up "The Fanta Girls"
Most people I know shrug at "Adderall"

And there are a bunch of other I could mention. Though thanks to Family Guy most people understand "The Kool-Aid Guy"

Unfortunately most of us know who Glenn Beck is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Solar
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am finding TheUrbanDictionary.com very helpful in any terms I don't understand. In fact, it has an entry defining "swooping" as "Surreptitiously checking Urban Dictionary during a game of Cards Against Humanity, because you have no idea what the card you just drew means."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derk
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The invisible hand: An economic metaphor used to describe the self-regulating behavior of the marketplace.

Adderall: A brand name psychostimulant drug used for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy.

The Three-Fifths compromise: A compromise between Southern and Northern states reached in 1787 in which three-fifths of the slave population would be counted for representation purposes for the distribution of taxes and the apportionment of members of the House of Representatives.

Stifling a giggle at the mention of Hutus and Tutsis: The Rwandan Genocide was the mass murder of an estimated 800,000 minority Tutsis by the majority Hutu peoples in the East African state of Rwanda.

The Ubermensch: Demigod; a person with great powers and abilities (a philosophical concept of Friedrich Nietzsche).

Heteronormativity: The body of lifestyle norms that hold that people fall into distinct and complementary genders (man and woman) with natural roles in life. It also holds that heterosexuality is the normal sexual orientation, and states that sexual and marital relations are most (or only) fitting between a man and a woman.

Seppuku: Harakiri; ritual suicide by self-disembowelment on a sword; practiced by samurai in the traditional Japanese society.

Eugenics: A social philosophy for the improvement of human hereditary traits through the promotion of higher reproduction of certain people and traits, and the reduction of reproduction of other people and traits.

Object permanence: The understanding that objects continue to exist even when they cannot be seen, heard, or touched.

The four arms of Vishnu: A Hindu god; the All-Pervading essence of all beings, the master of—and beyond—the past, present and future, one who supports, sustains and governs the Universe and originates and develops all elements within.

Jibber-jabber: Phrase made famous by actor Mr. T; refers to either a long-winded dialogue full of rhetoric, or a line of conversation that one participant no longer wishes to follow.

Active listening: A communication technique that requires the listener to feed back what they hear to the speaker, by way of re-stating or paraphrasing what they have heard in their own words, to confirm what they have heard and moreover, to confirm the understanding of both parties.

MechaHitler: Adolf Hitler was the leader of the German Nazi regime; in the computer game Wolfenstein 3D, the final boss was Hitler in a large mechanical suit armed with quad Chain Guns.

The Trail of Tears: The forced relocation and movement of Native American nations from southeastern parts of the United States following the Indian Removal Act of 1830; many suffered from exposure, disease and starvation en route to their destinations, resulting in many deaths.

The Hustle: A famous disco song by songwriter/arranger Van McCoy and the Soul City Symphony.

The Chronic: The solo debut album of American hip hop artist Dr. Dre; named after a slang term for high-grade marijuana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda N
msg tools
I recently bought the 1990s Expansion Pack. I understand most of the references, except Log(TM). Unfortunately, it's such a common word that trying to find it online is fruitless, and as far as I can tell, no one else has asked online.

Also, I like the idea of Swooping being "swimming while pooping", but that might just be the immature side of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Falconer
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
This GeekBadge has the Buddha-nature
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Log(TM) is a reference to the cartoon, Ren and Stimpy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrSolar wrote:
I am finding TheUrbanDictionary.com very helpful in any terms I don't understand. In fact, it has an entry defining "swooping" as "Surreptitiously checking Urban Dictionary during a game of Cards Against Humanity, because you have no idea what the card you just drew means."

Yep, checked that one. Which makes the earlier ones claiming a ton of definitions hilarious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.