Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own WP&S and really like this game.
But I would like to know what's the difference between Turfmaster and WP&S, if anyone knows both games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Others will go more in deep than me, but some of the differences are:

1) it is a pure racing game; no money, no horse to buy, no bids, etc ...
2) every horse is the same as the others (no running strengh) ... more precisely they are moved according to cards and dice; every players has 1 set of cards and a pair of dice but all the sets and all the dice are the same, so all players have cards and dice with the same values
3) you can play with 8 horses

For many this is the greatest racing game (not only horses) and I can confirm that it simulates perfectly the event and all the races are not decided until the very last moves.
Because it is not real that an horse leads the race from start to finish, the horses in the first 3 position are subject to an handicap, so limiting their escapes.

The components are fantastic, it plays fast (about 2 hours for the complete meeting composed by 3 races), and the simuation value is very high ... you feel that tha race went "right".

I fully reccomend this game to anyone interested in racing games without doubts ... it is expensive but it worths all the money!

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Roberto's opinion above. Turf master is an excellent racing game ... I think my favorite. Maybe not quite as fancy as Formula D ... But very intense, and enjoyable. There is a bit of luck to the game ... but very little ... and mostly a lot of strategy.
Haven't played win, place, show but I'm going to try it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Winner's Circle by a mistake. Thought it was TurfMaster because the boxes looks so alike.
I have now sold Winner's Circle because I like WP&S better.
But another funny horse race game is Grand National which is a fun game too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.