Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit Expansion Pack #1 » Forums » Rules
Reaction fire
ASLSK 3 and Expansion pack rule 3.3.4

"Any Good order unpinned Infantry unit may attack in it's hex a moving vehicle as CC Reaction Fire using normal DFF/SFF/FPF procedures, mark it and it's weapons fired...."

My question is this, after passing a PAATC, how many CC attacks does a unit get when a vehicle enters it's hex? To me it sounds like it could have up to 3, assuming it had not DFF or SFF, or 2 if already DFF but not SFF, or just 1 for FPF.

Another question, rule says "CC Reaction Fire using normal DFF/SFF/FPF procedures" and also says "Use the normal CC vs. AFV rule (3.8) except AFV may not attack back...CCV is reduced by 1 if it already fired..."

Does this mean a DFF at normal CCV then a SFF & FPF at CCV-1?
And if so,

Does the FPF CC attack DR count as MC on squad like a normal FPF shot?

I also posted in Expansion Pack forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you have it right.

Yes, the FPF CC Reaction would be a MC against the squad.

Remember the number of attacks is also dependent on the number of MP spent by the vehicle. If the vehicle spends 1MP, you only get 1 attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And this means that for an AFV is quite risky to get into the same hex of a good order unpinned enemy squad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Monson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marticabre wrote:
And this means that for an AFV is quite risky to get into the same hex of a good order unpinned enemy squad.

Only if they pass PAATC!

Thanks for the reply, and yes I remember the 1 attack/MP as per normal DFph. Glad to see my ASL rule sense is developing, can't wait to dive into full rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Hoffman

Huntsville
Alabama
msg tools
If you can write and understand a sentence like "Does this mean a DFF at normal CCV then a SFF & FPF at CCV-1?" then that means you're either definitely ready for full ASL or a career with the Army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.