Subject: End game stale mate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing this last night and got to the following situ with the base game. 5 cards in hands, 2 cards left in draw pile and i was missing two doors and had no keys in hand. the two remaining doors were in the draw pile. place card. draw card. door. put in limbo. draw card. door. I guess i couldn't go any further. is that correct?

also, i have a simple limbo/shuffle question.

5 cards in hand. place card. draw card. door. keep door with discarded key of same colour. three cards left in hand. at this point, do i draw cards to complete my hand like in the beginning of the game and put everything that isn't a labyrinth card in limbo to be shuffled when i have 5 cards again or do i treat each cards as if i were completing a hand of 4 cards after a placement or a discard. ie if the first card i draw when i have 3 or less cards in hand is a nightmare, do i action it or put it in limbo? - my interpretation of the rules tell me i should action it, and the only time you have to complete your hand by placing doors and nightmares in limbo, is at the beginning of the game at when you discard all your cards in your hand to deal with a drawn nightmare.

apologies for the density of this post; hope it's readable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You keep drawing (and put stuff in limbo) as long as you need to fill your hand, so that would be a loss since you run out of cards before you can shuffle the limbo back .
And yes, your interpretation is the one i used in my games, you draw until filled and trigger the pesky nightmares if you get them that way. I ended up rationalizing it´s thematic that you don´t know what's just behind a door and you can't prepare for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for your answer.
been playing a few more goes and I find it so easy to forget one of my options. I'll get used to it soon I'm sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.