Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that playing with achievements in mind could add an extra level of amusement to this game. These could come in a couple forms that I can think of:

The first is in the category of Theme. For these, the accomplishment is a sort of re-enactment an events or situations from the stories. For example...

-Eowyn lands the killing blow on the Witch King. (Osgiliath Pack required)
-Denethor actually becomes the Steward of Gondor.
-etc.

The next is in the category of Challenge. For these, the accomplishment is some outstanding feat of skill or endurance not necessarily related to story. For example...

-Complete X scenario in fewer than Y turns. (speedy!)
-Be engaged with X number of enemies at any point in time. (daring!)
-Finish a game at a negative threat level. (sneaky!)
-Finish a game at threat level 49.(close call!)
-etc.

One might imagine a variant in which each of these awards an amount of victory points.

Anyway, can anyone else think of any more interesting theme or challenge achievements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, not actually achievements, but more something along the lines of a PC RPG: play all quests in nightmare mode, and, depending on the score, you get awards to use in your next quest.
For example:
If you end up with a score ranging from negative to +10, give +1 to any characteristic to one character;
or:
start with a deck of a minimum of 70 cards, and take away 10 cards, if you score negative to +10;
or:
you can change up to 10 cards in your deck, if you score negative to +10

something around these lines

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Buffing
Netherlands
Almere
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think threat can go negative, can it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infyra wrote:

Hmm...I'd thought some had reported that they had negative threat. But since you ask, I admit I don't know whether there's officially a lower limit (being 0) or not. :shrug:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rightrhombus wrote:
Infyra wrote:

Hmm...I'd thought some had reported that they had negative threat. But since you ask, I admit I don't know whether there's officially a lower limit (being 0) or not. :shrug:

Dunno about negative threat, but I was referring to negative SCORE, which is achievable indeed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikim wrote:
rightrhombus wrote:
Infyra wrote:

Dunno about negative threat, but I was referring to negative SCORE, which is achievable indeed

Ah, indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.