Subject: Exactly how healthy is Walter? (possible spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got into the following situation on our first try: after the objective was revealed, a monster appeared with variable health (ie +X health per investigator). After a round, one of the investigators was eliminated.

Our question was, does the monster lose X health due to the elimination? Is this rating dynamic or does it get set the first time the monster appears and then stays like that?

Thx in advance people

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously he doesn't.
Also, he gain exactly the amount of health per investigator number at the start of the game, so if the game started with 4 investigators and only 3 made it to the final battle, he still gains X4 health.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TrueLolzor wrote:
Obviously he doesn't.
Also, he gain exactly the amount of health per investigator number at the start of the game, so if the game started with 4 investigators and only 3 made it to the final battle, he still gains X4 health.

Do your "obviously" sentiments come from a passage in the manual? Otherwise, I wouldn't call that "obvious". Thx in any case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry McCaster
Brazil
flag msg tools
I can't speak for Jason, but I believe he says "obviously" because there is no logical reason for the monster to suffer a loss of health by the death of an investigator.

The X health is a way to balance the challenge when the monster appears. Is not like some kind of dark ritual where the vitality of the monster is linked to the vitality of the investigators (unless it says so in the book )

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
henrycorps wrote:
I can't speak for Jason, but I believe he says "obviously" because there is no logical reason for the monster to suffer a loss of health by the death of an investigator.

The X health is a way to balance the challenge when the monster appears. Is not like some kind of dark ritual where the vitality of the monster is linked to the vitality of the investigators (unless it says so in the book )

Cheers.

Well, in our case the elimination happened before the investigators faced the monster. So you can see, things were pretty unbalanced by then .

We ruled it out like you, I just wanted to be sure. One can never be too sure about rituals.

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.