Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question:

Normally, you can only place a minion in an area in which you already have a minion, or in an adjacent area.

However two City Area Cards (Dolly Sisters and Dimwell) allow you to pay to place a minion. If you do so, does the rule above apply, or can you place it anywhere you like even if you don't already have an existing minion or adjacent minion in the area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book (P5) says

"Dolly Sisters - Once per turn you can pay $3 and place one of your minions in Dolly Sisters or an adjacent area"

"Dimwell - Once per turn you can pay $3 and place one of your minions in Dimwell or an adjacent area"

I'd say those powers take preference over normal placement rules i.e. you can place in the area or adjacent without already having a minion there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean that you've got your pre-ordered copy?

Does that mean I'll get mine today?wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a copy of the regular edition via the normal routes....i.e. distributor/game shop not a preorder.

Hope to play soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
Does this mean that you've got your pre-ordered copy?

Does that mean I'll get mine today?wow

I was just reading the rules - my copy will (hopefully) arrive tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leighbob wrote:
I'd say those powers take preference over normal placement rules i.e. you can place in the area or adjacent without already having a minion there.

That's what I would have thought. I'll play it that way unless someone says otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HisDivineShadow wrote:
Simple question:

Normally, you can only place a minion in an area in which you already have a minion, or in an adjacent area.

However two City Area Cards (Dolly Sisters and Dimwell) allow you to pay to place a minion. If you do so, does the rule above apply, or can you place it anywhere you like even if you don't already have an existing minion or adjacent minion in the area?

If you are using those powers, you already have a minion in or adjacent, in the form of the building, and you will have had to have a minion there to build in the first place.

As buildings count as a minion when determining area control, they must count as one for minion placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liggur wrote:
HisDivineShadow wrote:
Simple question:

If you are using those powers, you already have a minion in or adjacent, in the form of the building, and you will have had to have a minion there to build in the first place.

As buildings count as a minion when determining area control, they must count as one for minion placement.

I agree that having one of these city area cards overrides the need to have a minion in the area or adjacent, but a building does not count as minion. It counts as a playing piece for the purpose of area control, but you could not place a minion in an area if you only had a building in the area or adjacent if you were placing using the standard icon on a player card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.