Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Carter
United Kingdom
Widnes
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a quick question.
the rules state that once a spell run has been anounced by a player, no saboteurs may be placed or moved by opposing players in that round.
my question is reference the sucessful alter allegiance saboteur. When you re- plant them can they be replanted into the next quadrent that the spell run passes through and if so can they make another sabotage attempt when the run reaches them this turn?
Cheers
Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Boyd
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Barry,

The answer is sort of a yes and no . . .

Yes you can replant a successful Saboteur in the next (or any Quadrant).

but

No you can not make another sabotage attempt. Your sneaky saboteur has leapt out of the shadows and attacked or accosted just one of your opponents runners. As he is busy doing the dirty deed, the other runners have legged it and by the time your saboteur reaches the next quadrant your opponents runners (and the great Spell) will be long gone.

I like your thinking though - Definitley a touch of a true of Ankh-Morpokian about that question.

have fun
Leonard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Carter
United Kingdom
Widnes
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Playing our first game at our club tomorrow night. should be fun.
Thanks for your help
Cheers
barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Boyd
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you enjoy the game tomorrow.

We were up at Arkham Gaming Centre (in County Antrim) last night and had three six player games running until the wee hours - we had a great time and everyone really enjoyed the night.

I think one of the most important instructions to keep in mind is one that comes at the very end of the rule book.

"Remember it's not just the winning that's important - making other people lose if fun too"

We have built in lots of ways in which you can hinder, slow down and basically annoy the devil out of your opponents (Magic, Saboteurs, Guild Abilities etc.). Make sure the players keep this in mind and I'm sure you will have an interesting night.

Feel free to post any more questions that come up here.
I'll try and check in here at some time tomorrow evening incase I can help.

cheers
LB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DudeGuy Wilson
msg tools
My question involves the rules quote mentioned above. "Once a spell run has been announced by a player, no saboteurs may be placed or moved by opposing players in that round."

This line poses a few questions, actually:

1) I was under the impression that a saboteur may only be placed during your turn anyways (not entirely certain, however, since I was unable to find any reference to timing on when to place them, only the mechanic of how to place them)

2) There was a little somantic confusion, as the rules never define the difference between a "round" and a "turn." Most games define a "round" as being a complete cycle of player "turns", yet this assumption led to many strange consequences, such as the above rule. If no saboteurs could be placed during the entire "round," then a lock-down tactic could be employed by all players, not allowing saboteurs to be placed ever.

Also, when card effects last for a "round," do they last until the first player starts their turn again? Do they last for a complete series of "turns" beginning with the player who played the card? Or is a "round" simply being used interchangeably with a "turn?"

3) This question follows the issue my group had with the definition of terms. When you recieve a card, does it go to your hand? What about items that have ongoing modifiers, or volunteers with continuous effects? When volunteers are on a spell run, are they effectively "in play" and not in your "hand?" When you choose a random character from a spell run, did you mean to roll a die to choose? Shuffling them and picking face-down is a little less random due to the different card backings. In fact, no where could I find if your "hand" is supposed to remain face up or down. This may seem like nitpicking, but there was some conflict since these terms are not specifically laid out in the rule book.

Other than this, loooooved the game. We used a group vote to decide any conflicts, but would love to get a true ruling. Since we are not the game's designers, our interpretations may have unforseen impact on game balance. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.